Search for content in message boards

Pre-1999 Ste Genevieve Queries / Part #1

Replies: 1

Pre-1999 Ste Genevieve Queries / Part #1

Posted: 26 Apr 2006 1:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
For informational purposes only, I'm posting these pre-1999 queries which have been resurrected from the web archives.

QUERY ARCHIVE

Carol Kirk 2/27/98
I am looking for information on JOHN BOTZ and his wife GERTRUD HENN. They were married in 1858 and came to Ste. Genevieve from Baden, Germany but do not know the year. They had 9 children: Mary Antoinette, Amelia, John Frederick, Catherine, Josephine, Joseph, Christine, Lillian and William. I do not know the time period they lived in Ste. Genevieve. Any information on John and/or Gertrud would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary Ann Null 2/26/98
REAUME, Paul lived in Ste Genevieve Co. Mo from about 1850 to his death about 1898. He owned a farm on St Mary's landing, Beauvais twp. in 1860. He m Florence??? c 1848, chn: Edward b1849, Alford/Alfred b May 1853, John Victor b May 1854, m Mary LEMIEUS/LAMURE, and Paul b 1856.
Thanks
Mary Ann Null 410 9th St, Crystal City, Mo. 63019-1516

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John E. LaRose 2/23/98
My name is John E. LAROSE and I am from St. Louis, Missouri. My father was Robert Victor LAROSE; his father was August (Gussie) LAROSE born in Farmington, Mo; his father was Lewis LAROSE. I have a lot of relatives in your area. Can anyone help fill in who we are?

Thank You,
John E. LaRose

Michelle Greene 2/23/98
I am trying to find out information concerning an attempted murder trial. The Western Historical Manuscript Collection in Columbia sent me a photocopy of a document requesting a change of venue from St. Francis Co. to St. Gene Cty, for the "State of Missouri vs. Alfred Green. The document was dated Nov. 13, 1850. I am trying to find out if this is my gg uncle, Alfred Nicolas GREEN, b.1828. His father was Willis Elliott GREENE.

Donna Jean Rausch 2/23/98
I am looking for a Robert H. CRAWFORD that lived in St. Gene. County in 1811. I found this info on a Cape Girardeau deed. I have been tracing a Robert H. CRAWFORD in Cape. This one does not seem to be the same one as mine would only have been 7 in 1811. But, their land was in the same places or sections. If anyone knows anything about this Crawford please contact me.
Thanks,
Donna Jean Rausch

TERRY RIGDON 2/19/98
I have only just begun so I have nothing to contribute at this point, I'm sorry to say. I am interested in any information on RIGDON's who resided in St. Genevieve. Particularly in James RIGDON, wife Julia (GRIZZARD) Rigdon. Their son James A. RIGDON was born in St Genevieve in 1816. James Rigdon apparently came to Ste. Genevieve from Maryland. I would like to know if anyone has traced him there! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Randall Biehle 2/19/98
I'm looking for information on how and when the BIEHLE name appeared in the Ste.Genevieve and Biehle areas of Missouri. I have no idea as to where to start looking for this information. Thanks!!

Patricia Shively Elmore 2/19/98
LAWBAUGH+MEDLEY: Emanuel Sylvester LAWBAUGH married Natalie MEDLEY about 1911. Lived at St. Marys. Had at least three boys--one may have become priest, one may have married Halita BARTLETT. Grandson may have married ? TUCKER of Perry Co. MEDLEY descendant would like to exchange information. Have pictures.

Paul Woodyer 2/14/98
I am looking for information on a SIEBERT family in St. Genevieve County. Anton SIEBERT had the following children--Caroline, Lee, Lizzie, Pauline, Rose, and Valentine, who was born 1878 in the city of Bloomsdale.

Louis Nelms 2/11/98
I am trying to find some information on Jeremiah NELMS who died in St. Genevieve about 1854. His wife, Mary A., moved to Marion Co., IL. I would really appreciate any help or direction anyone can provide. Thank you.

PAT SULZER 2/9/98
Looking for any information on three BURTCHER brothers, Sebastian, Bartholomew, and Michael BURTCHER and their cousin Peter BLOOM/BLUM/BLUME, they arrived in Ste Gen. in early 1800's. Michael married Margaret (maiden name unkn) they had children. What were their names? Michael? Bolemus Augustus? and ?
Thanks for any help

Sharon Uding 1/28/98
Looking for information on August UDING born November 13, 1836 Germany, spouse Caroline LANGE or LONGE born August 11, 1839 France.

Son Wilhelm Christian Jacob married Cora Mary AUBUCHON born March 15, 1878 married May 18, 1898. Her father's name was Frank AUBUCHON, his father's name was John AUBUCHON.

Believe there is a connection to Pierre AUBUCHON and Marie Brunet BOURBONAISEand their descendants: Pierre and Augustine.

Any and all information appreciated. Willing to share information that I have. Thanks!!

Connie Pinkston 1/23/98
Am looking for information on William Bay ARCHAMBO, born 1877, died 14Feb1864 and Florence Geneva ELWOOD, born 1883, died 29Jun1965. Would like any information on their parents/siblings, place of birth, etc. I have some information on their children but any additional would be appreciated.

Carol Grennan 1/14/98
Would like to correspond with descendent [or researcher] of the family of Mary Melissa SIMPSON [aka DAVIS] 1848 Indiana ... who came to Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri about 1855 and married Henry COURTOIS. They raised a large family and lived in Ste Genevieve in 1900.

Would also like to learn more about Elizabeth SIMPSON 1844 Indiana who married LaPORTE and had a son, Henry LaPORTE [aka BRIDGEMAN].

Susan Burneson 1/12/1998
Seeking info about cemeteries where KENNER family members might be buried in Ste. Genevieve County, near Minnith, especially across and above the creek at Minnith, where I believe the first Kenner house stood (possibly on land owned by a Mr. M. Pfeifer, where an old log cabin still stands). First Kenner to Missouri was Francis (about 1760 to about 1830), who reportedly lived at that location. There also was a Housand KENNER who owned quite a bit of property in that area. I am familiar with Kenners buried in the Roth and Brown cemeteries.

Thank you.
Susan Burneson
S_Burneson@capmac.org
nimbus@io.com

Lisa Buese
Anna STOLL (b. 1868), daughter of Michael and Philomenia (STAAB) STOLL, married Joseph KIEFER in Ste. Genevieve about 1890. Anna's siblings included Joseph, John, William, Elizabeth, and Theodore. I have some information about Anna's descendants, but would like to know more about the rest of the family. I also have photographs.

Lisa Buese
George (Georg?) BIESERcame to Missouri in the 1850's with his sons Joe and Gus. Another son, Michael, followed later. Michael's children were Emma (SEWALD)b. 1846, William b. 1857, and Charley b. 1863. I have information on Emma's descendants and would like to find out about the other members of the family.

Calvin
I am looking for information on two families that were living in Ste. Genevieve Co., Missouri. One family was that of Joseph and Rose FREDMAN. They migrated from Baden, Germany about 1847. The other family is that of John and Louisa MONTGOMERY. John and Louisa were born in Kentucky. John and Louisa's son Steven married Sophia FREDMAN, daughter of Joseph and Rose. When did John and Rosa FREDMAN die? Where are they buried? What about John and Louisa MONTGOMERY? Or Steven and Sophia MONTGOMERY? I will be happy to share information.

Claudia Rose Aguilar
Seeking info on David JACKSON, Edward JACKSON, and George JACKSON named in Ste. Genevieve County Court Records of estate settlements. Could these JACKSONs have been from NC? Have looked for 20 years for the David JACKSON who was in the 1820 Nash County NC census with a wife and 8 children. Any help would be appreciated; will be happy to share data.
Claudia Rose Aguilar Rt. 1, Box 1557, Huntington, TX 75949

Bobby Dobbins Title
LIHAIS-LIHAISE-LAHAY. These are variants of the same name. Toussaint LIHAISE was born in MO in 1800. His kids were Mary, Eugenie, Francis, Martha, David, Antoine and Henry. In the Peter DULAC family in the same county were two more LIHAIS children--Henry and Zulann. Toussaint and family went to Douglas County, KS in 1854--they were proslavery and went to help the southern cause. Francis "Frank" LAHAY married Nancy COREL there, but he died in 1862, their 2 kids died in 1863 and Nancy then married James Sellers DOBBINS. I am very interested in this family. Would like to learn more about them, if anyone knows.

Mike Sheppa
Attempting to locate birth and/or death records of Ruth PERRY. Born about February 1855, died about 1930. When Ruth died her last name was HOFFMAN. Her husband's name was Charles HOFFMAN. They were married About 1877. Data is based on 1900 and 1910 census.
Working up a family tree. Hope to get details on Ruth to trace back to her mother and father. Help if you can: Thank you.

Louise S. Wade
Maurice ANDRE, Nicholas HAUCK, Joseph VORST, Nicholas SCHERER--all seem to have come to Ste. Gen. in the 1850's and 60's. does anyone have information on any of these families? They are all ancestors of mine. I'd be happy to share what I know. Thanks.
Louise Vorst Sheppard Wade
11417 Hook road
Reston, VA 20190
(703) 437-3846

John Krussel
I am descended from the following Ste. Genevieve County families: HOOG, BAUMAN(N), SCHILLI, NAEGER, BAHR, and GRIESHABER. I have lots of information on these families as well as others who married into these families. I would like to trade information with others who are interested. Actually, the trade is not necessary, I would be happy to provide information.

John Abney
I am doing research on the BOYER and DUCLOS surnames.

Sandy Paynton
I am researching BARDGETT and JANIS.

Judy Reed
I am researching the name JUMPER. Any assistance will be appreciated. My address is 2001 Gravois Road, High Ridge, MO 63049.

cmckenna@q-com.com
I am looking for information about the parents of John Sebastian CARREY. He had several brothers and sisters. John was born Sept. 27, 1899 in DeSoto, MO. His mother's name was Ruth DOWLING. Anyone with information, please reply. I am also looking for the family name LUTZ.

Linda Fluffie
Looking for Robert W. VANSICKLE born March 3, 1868. If anyone has any information on Robert or any Vansickles in Ste. Genevieve County please let me know.

Shirley
I am helping my sister-in-law with her family search. Searching for info on James H. BENNETT born 1813 in TN. Married 1st time in St. Louis to ??. Children of this marriage were

Joseph W. b. 1837, m. Francis HENDERSON
James Franklin b. 9 Dec. 1839, m. Helen E. WILLIAMS
Sarah Henrietta b. 1841, m. ??BUCKLIN
Mary A. b. 1844?
Married 2nd time Lucinda Ann WILLIAMS, dtr of Thomas P and Lydia A. (EBERHART) WILLIAMS. Children of this marriage were
Louise Virginia b. 1849, m. William SCOFIELD in Ste. Genevieve County(my sister-in-law's grandmother)
Lydia Sophronia b. 1852
Samuel T. b. 1854, m. Jenny JARVIS; had son Sylvester
James Uriah b. 1857
Any further information on these individuals would be greatly appreciated as they seem to have crawled out from a rock for a short time, then returned under the rock to be found no more!! Been searching forover 20 years and can seem to get no further.

Jan Foster
On my grandparents' marriage license from Madison County, Illinois, dated October 29, 1902: Fred C. MEYER married Annie CHARLEVILLE of Ste. Genevieve, MO. Listed is her father Peter CHARLEVILLE and her mother Josephine GORMAN. On the marriage license she stated that she had been married once before. On the 1910 census from Namioki, Madison Co., Illinois there was a 2-year-old child named Grace MURPHY. Any help locating information pertaining to Peter or Annie CHARLEVILLE around 1880 would be appreciated. Thank you.

Judith Weeks Ancell
Our family history states that our ancestor John WALKER (born: Ca 1753-1763)was taken ill and died (May 1815) while on a trip with his son Federal WALKER. They were passing through Ste. Genevieve County at the time and he was BURIED IN STE. GENEVIEVE. Can anyone help me locate his place of burial and tombstone inscription? The family may have been Baptist, however, it is possible that they were Methodist. I do not believe that they were Catholic. At the time he was living in New Madrid, MO. Any help would be most welcome. Thank you,
Judith Weeks Ancell
1810 Edgecliff Terrace
Boise, ID 83702-2911

Melinda Herzog Landrith
Wishing to correspond with anyone who is researching HERZOG SCHILLI, LeDEUR(LeDORE). The HERZOG's mother Theresia Krafft HERZOG came with her 8 children to Ste. Genevieve County in the 1840's from Bohlsback, Baden, Germany. A son Anton married Ottilia SCHILLI in Zell, Ste. Genevieve County in Feb. 1858. Their son Felix married Mary Jane LeDEUR(LeDORE) in Cape Girardeau, Scott County, MO in Jan. 1880 and moved back to Ste. Genevieve County.

If you wish to exchange info on any of these families contact me. Thanks.

Glen McLeod
I am looking for information ont he life Marie Zoe VALLE (1849-1926) who was born in Ste. Genevieve and married an A.R. LIGHTFOOT. They resided somewhere in New York. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Betty Cathcart
Searching for descendants of Henry M. MCFARLAND born about 1872 in Ste. Gen. Co., MO. Parents Jesse MCFARLAND and Thomza Elizabeth BOYD.

He married #1 Annie BLOOM, #2 Maude HANEY
Siblings:

Sarah Elvira "Sally" MCFARLAND m. Gilbert Owen NATIONS
Joseph Jasper MCFARLAND m. Hulda Elizabeth EVANS
(half-sister)Flora Jesse RIMBACH m. Clarence R. HUDSON

Betty
I am looking for information on Noah LABRUYERE born 8-3-1864 d. 6-5-40 and his wife Ida M. HUGHES b. 5-8-1865 and had family ni Illinois also. Have some info but trying to get as far back as possible in chronological order. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...Do know that the family lived in Zell, MO for a while then moved to Ste. Gen. Thank you.

Alan Todd
I am anxious to establish contact with anyone researching and/or having information regarding the MCWILLIAMS family of Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri or elsewhere. See also Alan Todd, 688 Brechin Drive, Winter Park, Florida 32792

Mary Ann Vogt
Searching for information on the JOGGERST family. Theresa JOGGERST was born in River Aux Vases, MO in 1877. Would like information about her parents and grandparents.

William A. Simon
I am looking for information on my g-g-grandfather Edward BEQUETTE. I also looking for information on his grandson Lucas JOHNESE. I would appreciate any information I could get.

John C. Jackson
Looking for background on the family of Dr. Joseph BROWNE, former Territorial Secretary 1805/6, his widow Catherine BROWNE (by 1812), his son Lionel who was killed in August 1819 in a duel with the notorious John Smith T, or a daughter who was the wife of Robert WESCOTT, former Major of militia and involved in the Burr/Wilkinson plot 1805/7.

Barbara A. McClurkin
Looking for information about Heinrich Ludwig WEIDE, Louis Mattias WEIDE, Christian August WEIDE, and Peter Nicolaj Georg WEIDE (known as Henry, Louis, August and Peter WILDER in Ste. Genevieve). These four brothers came to Ste. Genevieve from Flensburg, Schleswig-Hosltein (Germany) between 1835 and 1855.

I need to find the burial location of Louis WILDER and his wife Catherine (JOKERST) WILDER. He died in 1871 and she must have died the same year. They lived near Zell and never had any children.

I am also looking for the burial location of August WILDER and hiw wife Maria (VEIHINGER) WILDER. August died between 1870 and 1880, probably in Ste. Gen. County. His wife survived him, but died after 1880. They had 7 children in Ste. Genevieve County, 2 of whom died in early childhood:

August, d. before 1859
Henry, b. 1856, d. before 1862
Mary, b. 1854
Augustus (2nd), b. 1859
Wilhelmina, b. 1861
Henry (2nd), b. 1862
Ernst, b. 1866
Their daughter Mary may have never married. I can find no records of this family after 1880. Their son August (2nd) was an old man living in Triffin, OH in 1940.
Henry and Rosann (JOKERST) WILDER had one daughter, Sophia c., b. April 1860. She married Gottlieb REHM and had 5 children. Henry, Rosann, Sophia and Gottlieb are all buried in the Valle Spring Cemetery in Ste. Genevieve.

My g-g-grandfather Peter WILDER and his wife Ludwina Johanna (KLEIN WILDER had 9 children:

Peter Henry William, b. 4 Nov. 1855, d. 4 Nov. 1916
William Werner, b. 13 Dec. 1888, d. 26 Aug. 1930
Louis Andre, b. 16 Feb. 1860, d. abt. 1922
John Charles, b. 22Feb. 1862
Andrew, b. 21 feb. 1864
Emily Ludwina, b. 17 Apr. 1866, d. 1935
George Nicolas, b. 19 Jan. 1868, d. 1899
Mary Louise, b. 3 Nov. 1872
Johanna Juliann, b. 23 Mar. 1875
William Werner and his wife Sophia Mary (ROTTLER) WERNER are my g-grandparents. Both wer born, lived and died in Ste. Genevieve. They are buried, with Peter and Ludwina and most fo William's siblings, in the Valle Spring Cemetery in Ste. Genevieve.
Any information, especially about Louis and August WILDER, would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa Buese
Charles H. REHM (1857-abt 1920)and his wife Mary BASLER(1864-1907) lived in Ste. Genevieve. They had twelve children: Frederick, Charles, Harry, Rosa, Russell, Augusta, Frieda, Samuel, Morris, Raymond, Clarence Todd, and Irma.

I have been told that Charles owned the brickyard in Ste. Genevieve, but I haven't verified that. I do know that Charles committed suicide sometime between 1915 and 1920. I am interested in any information on this family.

Lisa Buese
I am interested in information on the POGGEMOELLER family who lived in Ste. Genevieve County. The family often used the last name MILLER interchangeably. Christian POGGEMOELLER (d. 1917)and his wife Charlotte LONG lived near French Village and had 11 children:

Charles MILLER
Harry POGGEMOELLER
Frank POGGEMOELLER
Will POGGEMOELLER
Caroline (Carrie)SEWALD
Amelia SEWALD
Lillian (Lillie)Sickman
Louise (Lulu)SEWALD
Minnie (Dolly) POGGEMOELLER
Kate BEQUETTE
Josephine (Josie) BEQUETTE
Any information would be appreciated. I have a copy of Christian's will and information on Charles MILLER's descendants to share.

Lisa Buese
Bartholomew KIEFER (b. 1825 in Baden, Germany) and wife Agatha KREITLER (b. 1831 also in Baden) lived in Ste. Genevieve during the 1870's and 1880's, according to census records. They may have been there much earlier--I haven't checked on that yet. Their children were

Barbara, b.c. 1850
Elizabeth, b.c. 1852
Therrece, b.c. 1853
Anna Mary, b.c. 1857
Stephan/Sevrin?, b.c. 1860
Joseph, b.c. 1862
Christine, b.c. 1864
Francis, b.c. 1872
In 1870 there was an 11-year-old girl named Therrece KERBER living with them, no relationship specified. In 1880 there was a 6-year-old granddaughter named Mary GISI living with them.
I am interested in trading information about this family. I have lots of information on Joseph's descendants, and also some family photographs.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BWarner3423 26 Apr 2006 7:46PM GMT 
jlarose57 13 Mar 2013 12:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions