Search for content in message boards

Govreau Research

Replies: 33

Govreau Research

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 11:53AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 23 Apr 2002 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: GOVREAU, GOVEREAU, GOUVREAU
I am researching my Govreau line starting with Pierre Govreau (or Govereau) born abot 1620 in Dompiere, Vendee, France. His ancestors emigrated to Quebec, then to Ste. Genevieve, Mo., St. Francois area, Mo., and Kaskaskia, Il. My line is: PIERRE I, PIERRE II, ETIENNE I, ETIENNE ADRIAN, ETIENNE II, JOSEPH, FRANCOIS FELIX, AUGUSTIN(E),CHARLES LAWRENCE, ANNIE GERTRUDE (my grandmother) then me, Karen A. Flick.

In my research I have found the Govreau name spelled: GOVREAU (the name my grandmother, ggrandfather, and gggrandfather used), GOUVREAU, GOVEREAU, GAUVEREAU, and GAUVREAU. Could possibly have GOVERO, and GOVRO thrown in there too. My Govreau's lived in the Ste. Genevieve, St. Francois, Mo. area up until about 1910 when my grandmother Annie Gertrude Govreau married Lewis Charles Linn, at which time they moved to Colorado. My great grandfather, Charles Lawrence Govreau was born in Weingarten, Mo. in 1866 and married Alice Margaret Hopkins of Farmington, Mo. in 1890 and they too moved to Colorado. Both grandparents and great grandparents eventually moved to and died in Long Beach, Ca. where I was born. I am interested in contacting any Govreaus, especially those in my line. I have the Govreau Family book printed by the Ste. Genevieve Chamber of Commerce for their annual Jour de Fete and I would be happy to help anyone try to trace their Govreau roots. I also have many Govreau family pictures of unidentified Govreaus. Some of these pictures are from before 1900 and I would love for someone to be able to identify them. These pictures are mostly from the Govreau line of Augustin Govreau (Augustin married another Govreau---Mary Ann or Marie Anna) and are mostly of their children:FRANCIS HENRY (FRANK), CHARLES LAWRENCE, JOSEPH P. (JOE), ANNA EUGENE AMELIA (she was a mother superior in St. Louis, MO.---Mother Modesta), ELIZABETH, MARIE ANNE, CLARENCE BENEDICT, FELIX LEON (LEO), PAUL, and PHILIP A.

I am not a professional genealogist, just someone who is very interested in the Govreau family and would like to help others bring their Govreau family together.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kflick1 31 Jan 2002 6:53PM GMT 
kte4twmz 9 Feb 2002 2:48AM GMT 
kflick1 9 Feb 2002 6:15AM GMT 
Denise 25 Jun 2002 4:24AM GMT 
kte4twmz 3 Jul 2002 10:03PM GMT 
Gwen441 9 Feb 2002 4:09AM GMT 
kflick1 9 Feb 2002 6:09AM GMT 
kflick1 9 Feb 2002 6:20AM GMT 
pierrette36 13 Feb 2002 4:26AM GMT 
DarrellGovere... 11 Feb 2013 6:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions