Search for content in message boards

Arthur P. Poston

Replies: 1

Arthur P. Poston

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 9:42AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Poston, Dotson, Dauson, Dawson, Thomas, Mahn, Mann, Seal,
ARTHUR POSTON.

Arthur P. Poston, son of Milton G. and Mary Poston, was born at East Bonne Terre, May 25th, 1885, and died in St. Louis October 28th, 1937, at the age of 52 years, 5 months and 3 days.

Mr. Poston was one of a family of nine chiildren. The parents, with two brothers and two sisters, preceded him in death. He is survived by one brother, Darwin, whose address is unknown, and three sisters, namely, Mrs. Iola Dotson of Detroit, Mich., Mrs. Etta Dauson [Dawson], Granite City, Ill., and Mrs. Nadine Thomas of Bonne Terre, and other relatives and friends.

Funeral services were held Saturday afternoon, October 30 at 2 p.m. from Benham Funeral Parlor with burial in the Bonne Terre cemetery.

Note: I believe that Mary Poston's maiden name was Mahn or Mann (I've seen it both ways). Also, I was told once that the "G" in Milton G. Poston stood for "Grundy", but don't hold me to it. Before Nadine Poston married Author/Arthur "Carl" Thomas [my great-uncle], she was Nadine "Seal". Nadine is buried at Bonne Terre Cemetery near her father, Milton G. Poston.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BWarner3423 3 Aug 2002 3:42PM GMT 
Jeanie1019 8 Apr 2003 4:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions