Search for content in message boards

Looking for Wiman descendants

Replies: 3

Looking for Wiman descendants

Posted: 8 Oct 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2004 9:11AM GMT
Surnames: WIMAN, WEIMAN, WIEMAN, WEMAN
My great grandfather came from the island of Gotland, Sweden in 1880, came through St. Louis, MO and settled in Bonne Terre, MO in St. Francois County. His name was Carl Ludwig Wiman (last name was Carlsson or Karlsson originally in Sweden). He had 3 brothers that may have immigrated to the USA - Johan Petter Carlsson, Carl Oscar Carlsson and Lars Ferdinand Carlsson (believed Lars went by Ferdinand and took on a step fathers last name of Carlqvist and may have came to the USA in 1881).

My grandfather lived in the same house in Bonne Terre, MO until his death - his name was Albert Ludwig Weiman. Albert had a sister named Edna Eleanora Wieman from St. Louis, MO and they had a brother named Carl "Henry" Weman (Wiman) from Oklahoma - county of Ottawa.

I have recently been to Sweden and researched some of these names , but still need more info. If you have any information on any of these people, please contact me - Jan Scott from Millstadt, IL
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Irish4607 8 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Judy Huebner 9 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Jan Scott 19 Sep 2006 7:27AM GMT 
avipe 3 Feb 2013 8:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions