Search for content in message boards

Fanny "Fanna" Lee & Thomas Chatman

Replies: 10

Fanny "Fanna" Lee & Thomas Chatman

Posted: 29 Jan 2002 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Chatman, Chapman, lewis, Fulkenberry, Pennington, Hoppers, Kollmeyers
I'm reseaching my family under Fanny "Fanna" Lee & Thomas Chatman. With other information not listed herein, it is my hope to obtain a Indian Number for our family members. This number will give every family member free US Government medical and dental, and maybe some money.

Fanny Lee was born a Cherokee Indian in New London County, North Carolina. The census of 1800 has her listed as CN 632. This "CN" represents the Cherokee Nation. Moreover, it was during this time the Cherokee Nation was placed on a reservation there.

The 1850 census of Reynolds County, Missouri has one Fanny Chapman born in 1798 in North Carolina. Later documents spelled her name Fanna. She couldn't write, so she signed her name with an X.

Fanna Chapman had a Will made, it's in Book 6, Page 219 of the Reynolds County Court House in Missouri. Therein it states, "I, Fanna Chapman of the county of Reynolds in the State of Missouri, do make and publish this my last will and testament; 1st, I give and bequeath to my Son Thomas Chapman, at my death all my land and real estate; 2nd, I give and bequeath at my death to my grand Daughter Tempy Chapman one bed and bedstead and the usual bedding thereto also one cow; 3rd, I give and bequeath to my Daughter Marta Penington now wife of Dr. Wm. Penington at my death all of my personal estate undisposed of; to have and to hold the same to them Thomas Chapman, Tempy Chapman and Martha Penington thier heirs and assigns forever and I hereby revoke all former wills and coducals made by me and hereby appoint David Jaycox my sole executor of this my last will and testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set had this 5th day of January A.D. 1872". (Signed by a "X" mark next to her name, Fanna Chatman.) Witmess was John George.

Fanna Chapman had a Deed made, it's in Book 3, Page 205 of the Reynolds County Court House in Missouri. Therein it states: "Know all men by these present that I Fanna Chapman of the county of Reynolds and the State of Missouri have this day for and in consideration of the sum of six hundred dollars to me paid by Thomas Chatman of Renolds County, State on Missouri granted, bargained and sold and by these present do grant, bargain and sell unto the said Thomas Chapman the following treact or parcel of land, situated in the county of Renolds, State of Missouri; That is to say all of the west half of lot five of the northeast quarter and west half of lots six and seven of the northeast quarter and the east half of lot six of the northeast quarter of section five in township 33 north of range 2 east. To have and to hold the premises hereby described with all the rights, privineges and appurtenances thereto belonging on in anywise appertaining unto said Thomas Chapman, his heirs and assigns forever. I the said Fanna Chapman hereby covenantry to and with the same Thomas Chapman, his heirs and assigns, for theselves, their heirs excutors and administrators, to warrant and defend the litle to the premises hereby conveyed against the claim of every person whatsoever. In witness whereof I have hereto suxscrixed my name affored my seal this the first day of May A.D. 1872. (Signed by a "X" mark next to her name, Fanna Chatman.) Note: The Deed was signed by the Justice of the Peace, David Jaycox on may 4, 1872, and was filed Oct 13, 1873 by A.J. Parks - Official Recorder.

Fanna Chapman is buried in the family cemetary on Emboden Creek in Renolds County, Missouri. Supposed to be an unmarked grave near the entrance to the left.

Please contact me if you are related. My email is Geofiles@aol.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Leah Pearson 29 Jan 2002 6:19PM GMT 
Leah Pearson 1 Feb 2002 4:54AM GMT 
irma wertz 11 May 2004 1:16AM GMT 
RoseBurpo 27 Jun 2007 6:09PM GMT 
Jessiewilliam... 24 Feb 2003 5:23AM GMT 
iwertz199 2 Jan 2004 2:29AM GMT 
neleh332 21 Jun 2013 4:05PM GMT 
cinjomar09 22 Jun 2013 1:46PM GMT 
Betty Wagner 23 Jun 2013 12:48PM GMT 
cinjomar09 23 Jun 2013 1:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions