Search for content in message boards

Mystery Man

Replies: 8

Mystery Man

Jean Thomure (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomure
I have a news item saved by Mollie Haynes Thomure that lists a man named Isaac Thomure who died as a result of an accident where he worked at Doe Run lead mine. Because she saved this, I believe he is related to the line I am researching. He worked as an engineer there, died during a holiday season, left a wife and five children, and one brother from Farmington. He was buried at Farmington. He was a member of several fraternal orders, Woodmen and Modern Brotherhood, Red Men, and Odd Fellows. This is the extent of information from the article. There is no date or name of newspaper on it either.
First, can anyone add anything to this man's identity?
Second, does anyone have any information on the cemeteries in Farmington?
Third, anyone know anything about the fraternal orders listed? I have contacted the Woodmen. They have no record of an Isaac Thomure.
Fourth, this is not Isaac Eli Thomure whom I personally knew and who died in the 1970's and is buried at the Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Ste. Gen County.
Fifth, what papers served St. Francois County between 1890 and 1930? Which one(s) were based in Farmington?
Sixth, what is the history of the Doe Run lead mine? Is it still in operation? Can a roster of employees be obtained?
Any information on this "mystery man" will be greatly appreciated. I have been running after him for months and months and he's gaining ground. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever solve this one.
Thanks to all for any help or suggestions.
Jean Thomure
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jean Thomure 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Judy Huebner 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Judy Huebner 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Terry Monks 30 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
marysday 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
alan 12 Feb 2002 6:40PM GMT 
Sandi 11 Nov 2002 1:49AM GMT 
BWarner3423 27 Jul 2003 10:36PM GMT 
nljone09 26 Aug 2013 4:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions