Search for content in message boards

George Vogt of Missouri

Replies: 4

Re: George Vogt of Missouri

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes, you are right it is the 1900 census that I was referring to. I was going off the top of my head. He is not the George that came in 1854 alone, I know he was here prior to 1854 because he married his wife in that year. I had been looking in 1852 because of the information on the 1900 census but other family member knew it to be earlier. His mother had lost another son and her husband to the German Revolution and wanted to leave with George to get away from it.He would have been between 14-17 years old depending when he came, I believe that he was either listed as child under his mother or on a ship document which on this site lists less information such as who was traveling with him (there is one in Philadelphia which would match up but no way to tell about his mother) or though he is listed solely as George Vogt in all documents here in the US, perhaps his first name was something different. I think it may be the later because when looking in documents in Germany I cannot find anything for his birth either although, there is a Jakob listed with a christening date that would fall into the time frame following his birth.

Is there a way that you know of to look up lists of particular professions in St. Louis for the 1850-1860s? I know that his mother married a mortician so thought maybe I could try comparing marriages to immigration to find her name but, have had not luck.

Or a place to see German causalities for the german revolution?

Thanks for the help
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jennvogt81 26 Jun 2013 5:00PM GMT 
eesand123 27 Jun 2013 2:04PM GMT 
splendipity 27 Jun 2013 4:27PM GMT 
thomasker2 29 Jun 2013 8:52PM GMT 
Jennvogt81 29 Jun 2013 10:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic