Search for content in message boards

Hettie H. McBroom buried in Stoddard County, Missouri

Replies: 1

Re: Hettie H. McBroom buried in Stoddard County, Missouri

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Daniels, McBroom
I am not related to this family; I live in Bernie MO and sometimes check the Stoddard County thread to see if I can be of help to those searching about family where I live; this is what I have found:

You may search the web for John Halbert Daniels and read a couple of older posts from family members you may wish to contact.

Hettie Hamilton Daniels is the daughter of John Halbert Daniels and Mary "Polly" Dailey/one post reads "Dairy"; perhaps a typo. Hettie's death certificate (MO Death Index) states she was born in TN December 11, 1880 - parents unknown; her birth date is in line with the KY birth certificate (the informant on her death record is just a couple of years off). Hettie can be found on the 1880 Clay TN census with her parents and sisters Margaret and Sarah ("Sallie" nickname for Sarah)(the last name is spelled "Daniel"); her father was born in KY and her mother TN; her sisters were born in TN; Hettie is listed as having been born in KY.

The post on John Denton Daniels says his father died when he was six years old; his grave states birth 1889; his social security record says 1893. If he was born in 1889, where was he when Hettie and Sterling was caring for her siblings Addie and Ernest in 1900; he would have been around 11 years old and maybe was living and working on someone's farm? When John Denton married Roxie McBroom, the marriage record reads he was under age; his guardian BH Hughes gave permission for him to marry (Wayne County).

According to death certificates of some of John Denton and Roxie's children, John Denton was born Cookeville, Putnam County TN; a death certificate of one of Ernest Daniels' children states he was born in Cookeville TN (if they are not brothers, they are closely related).

I hope I have in some small way helped; if you have any questions about this information, please feel free to ask.

Linda Merritt

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wandakarnes1 12 Mar 2013 12:51PM GMT 
Idume 25 Mar 2013 10:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions