Search for content in message boards

Oral Clinton Hindman --Obituary

Replies: 1

Oral Clinton Hindman --Obituary

Posted: 16 Jul 2013 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Hindman, Cooper, Sorders, Adams, Richardson, Palmer, Kasal, Bland, Ireland, Walker
The Banner Press
Marble Hill, MO
November 26, 1959

ORAL HINDMAN

Funeral services for Oral Clinton Hindman, 50 years old, of Kansas City and formerly of Sturdivant were held Tuesday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance. Interment was in Morgan Cemetery.

Mr. Hindman, a construction worker, died Saturday at Kansas City. He was born May 29, 1909 near Zalma and was the son of Louis Monroe Hindman and the late Kathryn Hindman. He was reared at Sturdivant. (See note below)

He was first married to Leona Cooper. From this marriage two daughters and three grandchildren survive. The daughters are: Mrs. Howard Sorders and Mrs. Dewey Adams both of St. Louis. He later married Glenna Richardson of Kansas City, who survives, and two step-daughters; Mrs Max Palmer of Kansas City and Mrs. Don Kasal of St. Paul, Minnesota; 3 step-grandchildren; his father, two brothers, Raymond of Sturdivant and Clifford of St. Louis, four sisters: Mrs. Gertie (Gertrude) Bland of Detroit, Michigan, Mrs. Lillie Ireland of St. Louis, Mrs. SelandHill of Alameda, California and Mrs. Cecil Walker of Alton, IL.

NOTE: The obituary of James M. Hindman 1876-1965 states that he and Mary Catherine Fowler had a son that died before him. Oral died in 1959, six years prior to James M. Hindman's death. This is in conflict with this obit which states he is the son of Louis Monroe Hindman. There seems to be an error in this obituary, or James M.'s obituary. Findagrave seems to reflect this error where he is linked to what I believe to be his grandfather. I'm not a family member; so I am relying on the obituaries I've found for Mary Elizabeth Lanning Hindman, James M. Hindman and Oral Hindman.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marysday 16 Jul 2013 9:47AM GMT 
CleteRamsey 12 Jan 2014 6:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions