Stone County, MO (b. about 1866/67)/Stone family history & genealogy message board. Hosted by Ancestry.com. Forum of community contributed messages helping members research the Charles "Blondie" Smallwood > Stone County, MO (b. about 1866/67)/Stone topic."/> Stone County, MO (b. about 1866/67), , , Ancestry, Genealogy, Family, History, Family History, Ancestors, Community, relatives, surnames "/> Charles "Blondie" Smallwood > Stone County, MO (b. about 1866/67) - Stone - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com

Search for content in message boards

Charles "Blondie" Smallwood > Stone County, MO (b. about 1866/67)

Replies: 0

Charles "Blondie" Smallwood > Stone County, MO (b. about 1866/67)

Posted: 2 Dec 2013 10:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smallwood, Powell
I am doing research for a book on the history of the Branson and Stone County, Missouri, areas and I'm looking for info and a photograph (scan) of Charles "Blondie" SMALLWOOD. Charles assisted Truman S. POWELL with the early exploration of Marvel Cave (or Devil's Den or Marble Cave) in Stone County, MO, which is currently in the Silver Dollar City theme park. Charles was 15 years-old in 1882, so I assume he was born about 1866/67. His nickname at the time was "Blondie" because of his light colored hair. One of the formations in Marvel Cave is "Blondie's Throne" because it was discovered by Blondie. I'd really like to find a picture of Charles as a boy and any extra information to include in my book.

Find a board about a specific topic