Search for content in message boards

Stone County, MO Family names Carr, Taylor, Branstetter

Replies: 1

Stone County, MO Family names Carr, Taylor, Branstetter

Posted: 25 May 2014 4:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching my family history looking for connections that might be useful tracing my family history. Long story short as I can keep it, my 4th time great grandmother was Nancy Taylor Birth about 1806 in Kentucky Death between1870–1880 in Stone County, MO providing my information is correct her parents are Samuel McDaniel Taylor (1770-1850) and Mary Brinson (1774-1850) Nancy married John Carr and there children Hugh (1822-1900), Nancy (1830-1913), George W (1837-1863)(My paternal 3 time great grandfather), Charlotte Mary (1838-1920), Elihu J (1847-1881), and Bethena (1848-) not sure if they had other children. John and Nancy lived in Jackson County, AL worked their way to Pope County, IL not sure if Nancy and John split up or if it was temporary I have information Nancy and some of the children lived in Stone County, MO

Email from someone trying to help explains: My grandmother was a Branstetter, born in Stone County, Missouri. Her family has had a long tradition of calling the Carr cousins. When I first began my research I felt this was dubious at best. It took quite a lot of digging to find out why the Carr's and the Branstetters believed they were related. I'm sure that even they do not know how distantly related they really are.
Samuel Carr and his Wife Mary had two daughters (among many other children) Nancy and Bethany (or Berthena). Nancy Taylor married John Carr. And Berthena Taylor married John Edwards. Berthena and John Edwards. They are my 4th great grandparents. On the Stone County Missouri USGenweb website you will find a lot of photos and information about the Carr family in this area. There is one photo (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mostone/photo/asher/62.htm...) that shows several men together. The shortest man in the picture is listed as William Grant Carr. His name, in fact, was William Sherman Branstetter. He was picked out of the photo by my grandmother his daughter. Sherman's twin brother was Grant Branstetter. John Carr is found on the 1850 census for Jackson County, Alabama. Berthena Taylor and her husband John Edwards are also found on the same census. In the same district 19. It is a bit of a reach, and much of what I have found I have lost over the
years. I'm not sure how these Carr's may be related to you, but I hope this helps. It's a bit convoluted but maybe it will put you on a new track.

I have a distant cousin Robert Schneider who has been helping me and has done extensive study on the family who replied to me from this e-mail stated: OK!!! That is our family she has named. She just got the parents of Nancy Taylor mixed up. She actually meant Samuel McDaniel Taylor and Mary Brinson. Mary's family from Pulaski County KY, Samuel born in E. TN. That is us in laws to the Edwards family and blood cousins with the Taylors.

I am looking for any information that can provide evidence to this information along with my main goal is to get more family history on the Carr family. If you're on ancestry.com my user name is alancarr feel free to view my family tree there, I would greatly appreciate any assistance in clarifying family information. There is some good information out there at the same time I have found people connected to wrong family tree's which is what I'm trying to avoid accidently doing myself. Thank you in advance in any assistance you might be able to offer.

Sincerely,
Alan E. Carr
aecarr3@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alan Carr 25 May 2014 10:53PM GMT 
judyartley261... 31 Jul 2014 4:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic