Search for content in message boards

Jacob (Jake) Hedrick m Martha Keithley

Replies: 1

Jacob (Jake) Hedrick m Martha Keithley

Posted: 28 May 2002 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Oct 2003 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Hedrick / Keithley / Mathis
Searching for information on Jacob (Jake) Hedrick, born abt. 1860 MO. Jacob married Martha Keithley and had several children including my grandfather. Will, Nannie, Lemuel (my grandfather), Olbert, Claud, Vesta Marie, Tiny, and Fannie.
Jake and Martha left Stone CO. sometime between 1920 and 1930 and moved to Oklahoma, Delaware CO.

The Hedrick story goes........ Two boys were orphaned and was taken to be raised by Uncle___Mathis, keeping the Hedrick name. Jake was the oldest of the two boys.
Stone CO.Wills and Documents show Green Mathis was named legal guardian of Jake's brother, Seigle/Sigle, listing deceased parent as J. Hedrick.
Stone CO. Marriages' list the marriage of Isaac Hedrick and Minerva Mathis 1858. Minerva was the sister to Green Mathis, legal guardian of Seigle/Sigle.
In the Taney Co 1860 census, Jacob and Minerva lived in the house next to Elizabeth Mathis, mother of Green and Minerva Mathis. Green and his wife Dorcus lived in the next house.
I believe this could be the link to Uncle___Mathis who raised the boys, however, I have not found where Jake ever lived with Green Mathis. I believe Jake to be abt. 14 years old at the time the bond was made for legal guardianship of Seigle/Sigle and was probably living and working somewhere else.
Could the J. Hedrick be Isaac Jacob or Isaac John Hedrick father of Jake and Seigle/Sigle??
Anyone out there recognize this line of Hedricks??
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonnaGregory1... 28 May 2002 11:49PM GMT 
spencerl9745 24 Jul 2013 2:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic