Search for content in message boards

Where is Ruth, Mo?

Replies: 4

Where is Ruth, Mo?

Jon Harpool (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2004 6:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harpool, Driver
I have a funeral remembrance card for Emma E(lizabeth) DRIVER (nee HARPOOL) who died on August 19, 1904, aged 17, years, 22 days. On the back of the card is pasted a newspaper clipping (no date or place). Under the heading “Marriage License” it says “The circuit clerk and recorder has issued marriage license to the following persons: Samuel SMITH and Miss Fannie ROWLAND of Galena. Geo. J. DRIVER of St. Louis and Miss Emma HARPOOL of Ruth.”

I have another funeral remembrance card for Emma’s sister, Nellie M. HARPOOL, who died on January 9, 1905, aged 19 years and 17 days.

Now for the questions!
Where is Ruth in Stone County, Mo?
I know it’s a Twp but could it also be a community?
Was there an epidemic of some kind during the summer/winter of 1904/05? It’s a little early for the Flu. I first thought that Emma might have died in childbirth but her sister died only 4 months later!

Emma & Nellie’s father was William Jefferson HARPOOL (1853-1943) who does not appear in the Stone County Census for either 1900 or 1910 (at least I haven’t found him!).

The two remembrance cards are virtually identical right down to the lack of info regarding the funeral home or church (if any) and who printed them.

Any help with any of this would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jon Harpool 12 Apr 2004 12:51AM GMT 
Mary 14 Apr 2004 12:38AM GMT 
Jon Harpool 14 Apr 2004 11:03AM GMT 
cranemuttz 3 Jul 2004 10:46PM GMT 
SheilaSnyder 26 Apr 2013 4:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions