Search for content in message boards

Texas County Family Research

Replies: 1

Texas County Family Research

Joan Flatt (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TUCKER, JOHNSON, BROWN, YOUNG, EDGAR, BROWN
I am researching my Brown family who arrived in Texas County, Missouri prior to the 1850 census. Since my great-grandfather was born in Tennessee in 1848/49 it is fairly easy to narrow down their time of arrival. My ancestor was Isaac Haire Brown. His wife was Mary (surname unknown). My great-grandfather was their grandson, Libethardias Ware Brown, son of their daughter Juan Ferdinand who married George Washington Bradford. Juan died in childbirth, so Libethardias was reared by his grandparents. He married Nancy Elizabeth Johnson, daughter of Aaron and Catharine (Clark) Johnson.

I am also interested in any information on the John Young and Elizabeth (Carmack) Young family. It is my belief that he is the brother of my great-great grandfather Israel Young. Israel was a confederate soldier in the Civil War. He was held captive at Alton, Illinois in the Federal Prison Camp. He was born ca 1822/23 in Virginia. He is probably the son of Charles Young who settled in Dent County, Missouri very early on (supporting documents). He married Leanner Jane Edgar, who was born in Illinois ca 1826. If anyone has any information on any of these families I would appreciate it. I have quite a lot of data and I am willing to share.

I am also interested in the Tucker family that settled in Texas County (actually there were two families). One was the David and Sarah Tucker family and the John B. Tucker family. Any info would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joan Flatt 19 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
RedRiverTXOK 31 Jul 2013 12:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions