Search for content in message boards

sansaucie-marler

Replies: 9

Re: Sansoucie/Marler

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 5:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blackwell, Sansoucie, Oshia, Haig, Oge, Valle, Missee, Valle, Robert, Marler, Roderick, Moore, Rulo, Rouleau, Courtaway, Peppers, DeClue, Bequette, Kerr, Semar, Bourisaw, Flieg, Alexander,
Gretchen,

Sorry about that last message. It posted prematurely.

My great-grandmother Rhoda Blackwell was married to Fred Sansoucie's half brother, Wm. Forest Sansoucie. I haven't done a lot of research on the Sansoucie line, but I do have some research prepared about 23 years ago by someone which indicates the following:

Fred Edward Sansoucie was born Feb. 2, 1896, and died June 23, 1981 at Farmington, and is buried at Masonic Cemetery, Blackwell, Missouri.

Fred Edward Sansoucie was first married to Hattie M. Oshia on Dec. 26, 1917 at Hillsboro and had 3 children, namely: Fred R., Virginia H., and Wanda L. I have that Hattie was born Oct. 24, 1904 and died Nov. 24, 1978 in Fenton, Missouri. In fact, Fred's brother, Lawrence, may have been married to a sister of Hattie's since I have his wife as Mary Minnie Oshia.

Hattie Mary Oshia was daughter of Madie Theodore Oshia and Stella Ann Haig (Aux).

Madie Theodore Oshia was son of Felix Bernard Oshia (Oge') and Marie Therese Felicite Valle. Felix Bernard Oshia was son of Louis (Luc) Oge' and Hortense Arsine Missee. Marie Therese Felicite Valle was daughter of Joseph Charles Valle and Felicite Robert.

Fred Edward Sansoucie married his second wife, Alice (Marler) Roderick, daughter of Clarence Marler of Flat River, on Oct. 21, 1935, and had 5 children, namely, Marie, Edward, Earl, Elsie, and Howard. I have newspaper article and inquest records concerning tragic death of Alice's sister, Ida Moore, which occurred at Blackwell in 1934. What's confusing about article is that it mentions a Fred Sansoucie, Jr. and Fred Sansoucie, Sr. I have that Fred E. Sansoucie had a son named Fred Raymond Sansoucie (so he wouldn't be a "jr."), and I have that Fred Raymond died Aug. 7, 1975, in Granite City, Illinois.

Fred Edward Sansoucie was the the 16th child of John Baptiste Sansoucie who had a total of 17 children between his marriage with Mary Catherine (Zoe) Rulo/Rouleau with whom he had 5 children and his second marriage with Emaline Peppers with whom he had 12 children. Zoe was daughter of Peter Rulo/Rouleau & Mary Louise Courtaway. I have that My great-grandmother Rhoda Blackwell was married to Wm. Forest Sansoucie who was youngest child born of marriage of John Baptiste Sansoucie and Zoe Rulo. In fact, Wm. F. was only abt. 10 days old when his mother Zoe died May 10, 1879, so I feel that her death may have resulted from complications of childbirth. In the 1880 census he was living with his Uncle & Aunt, Felix/Felex & Sophia Sansoucie. Felix Theophile Sansoucie was brother of John Baptiste Sansoucie. I also have note that he was living with an Aunt Mary Alexander too, but I'm not sure how she fits into the scheme of things.

I have parents of John Baptiste Sansoucie as Joseph Baptiste Sansoucie and Elsie Celia Marie Mayotte (widow of Paschal Boyer), and parents of Joseph Baptiste Sansoucie as Jean Baptiste Sansoucie and Marguerite LeMai, and so forth and so on back to the 1600's. I have that mother of Emaline was Mary J. (Peppers) DeClue, born in Franklin County an Oct. 5, 1858, and died Dec. 31, 1933, . I don't have a first name for her father, just that he was born in Ireland.

As to John Baptiste Sansoucie I have that he was born June 13, 1843 at Old Mines (Washington Co.), Missouri. He was christened on Aug. 13, 1843 at Old Mines (Washington Co.), Missouri. He was married to Zoe on Jul 22, 1866 at Old Mines, Missouri, and died Aug. 25, 1917 in Vineland (Jefferson County), Missouri. Also, I have that he served in Civil War - Co. G, 5th Reg't Mo., Infantry, Co. Muster Roll July & Aug.

From the records I have it appears that this family is probably responsible for most of the population of Washington County! That's why I've never went into that line too much because of the names mentioned (i.e. Boyer, Courtois, DeClue, Courtway, Bequette, etc.) I've just been afraid it would be a never-ending task and a bit too over-whelming for me. I would, however, be interested in knowing how the above names and dates compare with the records of those of you who have done more extensive research on this line.

Gretchen, I just checked my local phone directory and there is a listing in Potosi at Route 1 for an Edward Sansoucie. Since his phone number is publicly listed in the phone book I'm sure it would be available from Directory Assistance if you called them, or if you email me personally I'll let you know what it is. There is no Earl listed. There is a Howard Sansoucie listed at a Farmington, MO address. However, I don't know that he's the same Howard mentioned above as there is a Howard Sansoucie who is buried at DeSoto City Cemetery who was born and died in 1934 who "might" be child of Fred & Alice.

If there are any other names or dates you want me to check the records I have for, just let me know.

Also, I have scans of 3 obits that I came up with somewhere along the line which I would be happy to share with anyone who would like copies. The three obits are for Francis Roussan Bequette, son of Frank Z. and Naomi Bourisaw Bequette and husband of Agatha Sansoucie. I have obit for Mary E. Sansoucie who was mother of Agatha. Mary was daughter of Tobias and Elizabeth Semar Thebeau and wife of Loomis Sansoucie. I also have obit for Leo Joseph Sansoucie, son of Charles and Bridgett (Kerr) Sansoucie who was married to Paty Flieg Sansoucie.

Attached to this post are (not very good) pictures of the tombstones of John and Emaline Sansoucie taken at DeSoto City Cemetery.

Bettye
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gretchen198 17 Feb 2003 3:24AM GMT 
gretchen198 17 Feb 2003 3:27AM GMT 
BWarner3423 19 Feb 2003 10:06AM GMT 
BWarner3423 19 Feb 2003 12:09PM GMT 
tessiebylund1 29 Jun 2007 3:00AM GMT 
eauwv5 18 Aug 2008 3:37AM GMT 
tessieb75 25 Aug 2009 9:33AM GMT 
littlebird 25 Aug 2009 12:39PM GMT 
fsansoucie1 23 Aug 2009 1:57PM GMT 
jenlm81 17 Aug 2010 9:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions