Search for content in message boards

Larkin Cyrus Bennett and Elizabeth Dennis (Denise)?

Replies: 0

Larkin Cyrus Bennett and Elizabeth Dennis (Denise)?

Posted: 2 Jun 2014 10:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was wondering if anyone could clarify the relationship of Larkin Cyrus Bennett (1774) and Elizabeth Dennis. I believe that he was married to Dorothy Jones and Sarah Rebecca Smith and fathered at least 11 children.

I also have an international Marriage record showing Larkin Bennett from VA 1774 marrying Elizabeth Dennis from KY 1807. No date for the marriage is given but the information matches the Larkin and Elizabeth in the 1850 census.

The mystery of the 1850 census in District 101, Wayne, Missouri, shows Larkin living with his son Elijah but also with Elizabeth Dennis and 5 younger Dennis siblings.

I found notes on one tree labeled "Notes on Larkin Cyrus Bennett by Latt Bennett" that claims one of his wives was named Dennis- but then makes a correction claiming that Elizabeth Dennis was his daughter. Ironically, this note goes on to list all the children of Larkin Cyrus Bennett and does not mention Elizabeth.

Other stories and notes about Cyrus Bennett's children never mention a daughter named Elizabeth.

I wondered if anyone had anything more concrete. I just need to find a way to explain the international marriage licence.

Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions