Search for content in message boards

Colored Refugee Relief Board

Replies: 3

Colored Refugee Relief Board

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 10:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2012 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: Sellers, Vick
Hello, is there anyone out there in "research land" that can help me obtain any information regarding the "Colored Refugee Relief Board" and the records that survived the "toss"? Other names for the committee were Committee of Fifteen and the Committee of Twenty-Five. I did contact the Kansas Historical Society they had no information regarding the records and that the committee's office had been located in Saint Louis, and to contact their Library, I was passed on to someone that was to have been very knowledgeable on the topic, just to find that I would need to contact the Missouri Historical Society of which I did. I was told that they would be in touch with me after researching the topic.
I called back several times because no one contacted me, I was again told that once the research was completed on the topic that I was requesting they would call or e-mail me the gained information if any. That was April April/May 2010, so that is leaving me with a second "plea" of help. My people were from TN. Wilson Sellers, Horace Vick, they made their home in Topeka (1880 census), 1885 resided in Soldier, Ks.. Any help in obtaining additional information
would be greatly appreciated thank you. Pat
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Naomi779 16 Sep 2012 4:07PM GMT 
Short714 16 Sep 2012 4:25PM GMT 
mkat7722 16 Sep 2012 4:47PM GMT 
Naomi779 16 Sep 2012 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic