Search for content in message boards

Searching for biological father and/or family

Replies: 1

Searching for biological father and/or family

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 6:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kreft
I'm trying to help my brother find his biological father. It's very likely that he is deceased, but we are hoping that perhaps there are half-siblings out there. His dad and our mom did not marry. She married once after Bruce was born, divorced, then married my dad in Jan 1954.

Our mother's name was Ruth Kreft(maiden name), born 1923 in Gerald, Franklin Co., MO. Bruce was born in March 1950,in Washington, MO. Mom would have been with his dad in the summer of 1949(I don't believe their relationship was over a long time period). She did not give Bruce his fathers surname at birth - and my dad(Meyer)adopted him in 1956. The location she was living in at the time could have been in Franklin county, possibly in Union, or in the St. Louis area. She always talked about working in a shoe factory, but am not sure of it's location.

Unfortunately, mom never disclosed who his father was. I am attaching a picture of my brother, hoping perhaps the resemblance might generate some responses. This picture was taken in 2009.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate your input. I'm assuming that my brother and his wife have contacted the hospital for a birth record, but since his name was listed as "Bruce Kreft" on the adoption papers, I don't if they could provide any help.

Thank you,
Connie Meyer Gregory
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sunnybeaches4... 19 Feb 2012 1:25PM GMT 
ReginaNull20 2 Jul 2013 4:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic