Search for content in message boards

Seek Abraham Blesing/Blessing having children in Virginia in 1822 & 1826, moved to Missouri, then to Wisconsin by 1839

Replies: 0

Seek Abraham Blesing/Blessing having children in Virginia in 1822 & 1826, moved to Missouri, then to Wisconsin by 1839

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 3:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blesing/Blessing
My Blessing line goes from VA to Missouri to Wisconsin. Abraham's Native American (?) wife has died by 1839 when Abraham is signing for his elder daughter Elizabeth to marry in 1839 in Wisconsin. The wife had never left the South.

The first I encountered Abraham Blessing/Blesing he was a widower with two daughters, Elizabeth Jane Blessing b. 22 Dec 1822 in Wythe Co., West VA; died 03 Dec 1890, Lancaster, Grant Co., Wisconsin. Her younger sister was my GGGGrandmother, Ann Eliza Blessing, b. 25 Aug 1826, in Wythe Co., West VA. Ann married William James Winney in Grant Co., WI in 1845. Her older sister Elizabeth had married a man who was to become a Wisconsin state legislator, Luther Moulton Basford.
I have a copy of Abraham's signature for his daughter Elizabeth's marriage in 1839, Wisconsin.

The next place that I am aware Abraham lived was California, after the daughters' marriages and settling in Grant Co., WI. I have often wondered if we were related to the Greene Co., OH Blessings but I have no proof of this and no family history line before Abraham and his daughters.
I have no date for Abraham's birth or place of birth.

We have Indian blood and I am suspecting more and more that it originates from the Blessing line. Would love to know more substantial information.

Kathleen
LPurch6636@aol.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions