Search for content in message boards

William Henry Large family from Missouri

Replies: 6

Re: William Henry Large family from Missouri

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 1:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you very much for all of your efforts. From what information I have and what you have found, I believe these are my missing ancestors. After reading the information I called my Dad who is 82 and went over the information with him and he believes these are his family as well. We now know the Messenger Large family connection, and the written information mentioning, Grandma Large Messenger, lived to be 88, confirms it.
The connection with William Henry Large and Robert Messenger is now resolved. Thank you.
William Henry Large had a sister, Nellie E. Large who is not listed in any of these census, unless she is actually Sara E. and was called Nellie. Nellie lived out her last years with Robert Messenger in California.
I know Nellie was married a few times, one husband William C. Leech. Nellie Large and William Henry Large were the witnesses when my Grandparents Gladys Ola Large and Frank Kiss were married, Nellie signed the form as Nellie E. Leech. I have a copy of this marriage certificate. This event took place December 18, 1923. I have several photos of Nellie Large, one as a young lady the others when she was middle age and then photos of her home with the oil rig drilling beside it. I have not had any luck finding information on Nellie Large/Leech in the census, nor have I had any luck with Mary Large, except for word of mouth that she married a Thompson and the information that was found in a photo with the name Glen Thompson trucking on the side of a horse and wagon.
I am very interested in finding out more info on Julia and James Large. Thank you for finding their marriage information. I am new to the researching my ancestors and appreciate all of your help.
Your find of the 1920 census, with William Henry married to Ledia, was a great find, I had her name in some notes with other info given to me by my sister. I now have the connection.
What to do now? I would love to find more information on Mary and Nellie as well as Charles and Sarah. Where William Henry Large and his mother Julia and father James are buried. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kwellard55 6 Feb 2013 12:23AM GMT 
PYount 8 Feb 2013 4:42PM GMT 
kwellard55 9 Feb 2013 10:02PM GMT 
PYount 10 Feb 2013 5:00AM GMT 
kwellard55 10 Feb 2013 8:36PM GMT 
kwellard55 12 Feb 2013 2:51AM GMT 
kwellard55 12 Feb 2013 2:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions