Search for content in message boards

Death record lookup Please?

Replies: 1

Death record lookup Please?

Posted: 30 May 2013 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chappell. Byrant, Brunton
Looking for any info on a James Miles Chappell b in Ky date unknown except I estimated his birth with his wifes age who was born in 1866. The story is that he died on his way to Mo around 1893-1895. His last child was born in 1892 and his wife remarried in 1895.

He was suppose to have drowned as they were traveling in a covered wagon. My next clue is that I found after 30 years the marriage record of his widow Alice and her cousin Justice Brunton in 1895 in Benton co. ARk. in after 1920 Alice brother Henry Bryant moved to Greene Co. MO but James was already dead by then.

I was told by my husbands aunt that her dad told her that they have relatives in MO and that's why he kept going there. I know that Alice herself was in MO around 1870/80s with her mother.

So I guess what I am looking for is a death record for James somewhere around Benton co. ARk In MO. counties close by would be, McDonald, Newton, Barry, Lawrence, Jasper, Dade, Greene.
Any clue like tax records or even those city cirectories. Anything.

Thanks
Sue
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
suechappell16 30 May 2013 11:55PM GMT 
thomasker2 3 Jun 2013 12:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions