Search for content in message boards

Robert IRWIN had first family in MISSOURI started SECOND Family in California 1850

Replies: 2

Robert IRWIN had first family in MISSOURI started SECOND Family in California 1850

Posted: 22 Jan 2014 7:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jan 2014 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: IRWIN / SCOTT /Irvin / IRVINE / ERWIN
IRWIN, ERWIN, IRVIN, and IRVINE are all variations ( I have found ) for my Great Great Grandfather Robert IRWIN.

A Book titled, "From Bunchgrass to Grain,, The Tekoa Story, 1962", contains a Family Story titled, The Irwin Family Story", Written by Robert's daughter Lucy D. Irwin Austin. After finding this story at my local library ( in the year 1998), I have been researching this Robert Irwin, and family.

Robert Irwin died 20 Feb. 1912 in Tekoa, Whitman County, Washington State.

Robert IRWIN met and Married Sarah Jane Scott in Sonoma County, California, Feb. 1850.

This would be Robert Irwin's SECOND (and last) Marriage, and a first and only marriage for Sarah Jane Scott.

While in California Robert and Sarah Jane Irwin had the following children;
Elizabeth (Lizzie) Ellen Irwin 1857,
William Thomas Irwin 1859,
John M. IRWIN 1864,
George William IRWIN 1865,
Mary Jane Irwin 1868,
Annie(a) A. (?Armie) IRWIN 1871,
Lucy D. IRWIN 1874, and
Charles IRWIN 1878.

The IRWIN Family Story first paragraph starts with, "My Father, Robert Irwin, was born in Indiana. He married and had two children, lost his wife and one child, he then left MISSOURI with his remaining son and traveled by wagon train to California. Somewhere on the Plains the BOY passed away and is buried there in an unmarked grave." That is the first paragraph of the Family History for Robert Irwin, my great-great-Grandfather, so out there somewhere is another part of this family.

Looking for information about parents and family of ROBERT IRWIN / IRVINE, from Indiana, and Missouri.

Robert IRWIN had a wife and two children, before starting over and starting another family, before 1850.

Robert Irwin left MISSOURI with a Wagon Train heading for California, before 1850.

So few clues to go with here. No middle name nor an initial. Any Military enlistment?

Any one have any information that I am missing? Any one know something I don't, and would want to share, or exchange information?

Thank you all for your time in reading this information concerning my Great-Great-Grandfather ROBERT IRWIN.

Cheers, Chris pacificforrestflower(at)gmail(dot)com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pacificforest... 23 Jan 2014 2:27AM GMT 
thomasker2 25 Jan 2014 2:07PM GMT 
pacificforest... 29 Jan 2014 8:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions