Search for content in message boards

HENRY HINES & WIFE SAMANATHA & SON LeRoy

Replies: 3

Re: HENRY HINES & WIFE SAMANATHA & SON LeRoy

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2005 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: HINES
Yes, the Henry Hines at the Boy's Training school is my Grandfather's brother.

Is the Iowa Industrial School (1895) the same as the Eldorado Boys Training School of 1888 - with a name change??

I have a copy of what was written in the Ledger for the Eldorado Boy's Training School in Eldora IA when Henry was admitted:

" #1334 Henry Hines
Born at Independence IA March 15, 1875

Father in Poor House of Buchanan Co. Mother dead. Has one brother and one half-sister.

American Parentage

Committed April 10, 1888 by the District Court of Buchanan County Iowa for Incorrigibility. Would not stay where he was indentured, but ran away and was inccorrigible, otherwise."

It would seem that he would have gotten out of the Training School at age 20 or 21...

I have no date for LeRoy's birth. Just the rememberence by my Mom that he had come with his parents to visit when he was a little boy. The date for that visit was before 1916 and it took place in Clermont, IA

The listing in the Joliet, Will Co., IL 1930 Census just may my Henry and his wife....The only difference would be his wife's name...Perhaps a second wife??? I have his wife's name as Samantha..

Any further info on Henry, Viola, Leroy and Zita Hines from the 1930 Joliet, Will Co., IL Census would be appreciated. Would love to find a family member from Henry's family who is researching also.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sara_HayesSom... 28 Sep 2004 1:46AM GMT 
metaphor 17 Oct 2004 3:47AM GMT 
Sara_HayesSom... 23 Oct 2004 12:21AM GMT 
Whitmard2 24 Mar 2013 12:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions