Surnames: HINES, FISHER, WRIGHT
Henry Hines b March 15, 1875 Independence, IA
d. ???

Married: Samantha

Had son: LeRoy or LaRoy

Lived in St. Louis abt 1919-1922

Son of Thales Hines & Phebe Fisher Jackson

Brother of Francis Leslie Hines

Half Brother of Rose May Wright. Phebe and John Wright may have had common law marriage. He died shortly after Rose's birth of war wounds. Phebe then married Thales and she died when the children were young.

Children were split up following Phebe's death. Rose was sent to live with the Dix family in IA. & the 2 boys were sent to live with other families. Rose finally found my Grandfather Francis Hines in 1915 and wrote in a letter to him that Henry had visited her in WV in 1900.

Henry was placed in the Eldorado Boys School in Eldorado IA on April 10, 1888 as he kept running away from his foster home. He was there until he was of age and then went out on his own.

Family last saw Henry, Samantha & son in 1920 when they visited Francis Hines & his family in Decorah IA. Henry and family traveled from their home in St. Louis by horse and wagon. From Decorah they went to Independence IA for a visit and then were going to return to St. Louis. My mom (daughter of Francis Hines) said that they never could find Henry and family after that.

Would love to find more info on Henry, Samantha and their son.

Have a lot of Hines & Fisher family history and pix. Happy to share. Please email me direct sarsom@mninter.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sara_HayesSom... 28 Sep 2004 1:46AM GMT 
metaphor 17 Oct 2004 3:47AM GMT 
Sara_HayesSom... 23 Oct 2004 12:21AM GMT 
Whitmard2 24 Mar 2013 12:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions