Search for content in message boards

find someone

Replies: 2

Re: find someone

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jay,
I am Mary A Pratt Stilwell, my line is: Junior Paul Pratt, Columbus Jehue Pratt, William F Pratt....

William F Pratt was my Great Grandfather. I do not know much about him except what is already available on the net.
--born Mo around 1835-38
--died Mo 2 Nov 1910 (possibly) at Campbell Tsps, Greene Co., Mo. Possibly buried at Robberson Prairie Cemetery. unmarked grave. Was living at the Greene Co. Alms House for Poor when he died.
He married Eliza Lucretia Patrick 31 Aug 1890 Mo. I have a lot of Information on Eliza. She adopted my father, Junior Paul Pratt (went by Jack, Jay, John, Jr), from the orphanage in Carthage Mo (Placed there by his mother's (possibly Alice Chouteau Cook) Husband, Joseph or Charles Cook) and raised him in Kansas City, Jackson Co. Mo. where he met my mother Pearl Kessinger. They split up when I was three and I never saw my father after that so it is thru my mother and my older half sister ( from his 1st marriage) that I have dredged up what little info I have.

I cannot seem to get past William F (Franklin) Pratt to his father and mother. If you know any information about them I would be so appreciative. We seem to have an allusive family!

I do believe they were Indian and Possibly are connected to the Henry Pratt Family that came to Missouri on the Trail of Tears and Jumped Trail in 1935 to Crawford Co.Mo. Henry was of Indian Heritage and so the were Forced to Remove from TN which on most document, William states his parents are from.

A Fact is that Eliza was Indian. My mother lived in the area and knew my father as a child and went to school with him. She would pass by the "witches house", as they kids called her, because she dressed in Indian style Garments and always had a whip. (she used said whip on my father when he misbehaved.)she would send my father to school with Indian Medicine bags hung around his neck.

My father's Cousin, Wanita (Jaunita.who later married Ted Revard from OK) was also raised with him. Her mother was Roma Pratt,

There is an interesting story about Roma and my Grandmother getting mixed up with Gangster's in KC. Be happy to share it with you.

I know that it has been awhile since you posted your query but I hope that this reaches you and that you are able to shed a light on William F for me! Thank You in advance!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jay pratt 7 Feb 2006 7:21PM GMT 
eisgrig3 15 Feb 2006 2:49AM GMT 
MaStilwell 13 Aug 2013 8:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic