Search for content in message boards

Murder of George Mayhan - abt 23 Sep 1927

Replies: 3

Re: Murder of George Mayhan - abt 23 Sep 1927

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 2:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mayhan, Mahan
This is probably not the George Mayhan I am looking although the dates of birth are almost exact and both were killed by the husband angered by the excessive attention paid to his wife by another.

If you Google "George Mayham" (not Mayhan) you will get to nearly identical stories in the New York Times and the New York Hearld concerning the plans to use an insanity defense for this trial. It appears to have been one of the very first ot this kind. I feel the Mayham is incorrect although there are documented Mayhams but they are almost microsocpic in their use.

I am afraid I have posted this on the incorrect county bulletin board. I should have posted it on Custer County. George Ernest Mayhan registered for the draft 12 Sep 1918. It shows his resicence as Boyes, Custer (not Carter) County, Montana.

The draft information shows his father, George Washington Mayhan of Grain Valley, Jackson, MO as next of kin. The draft card also shows the county twice; once it is clearly Custer but the outher looks awfully lot like Carter, and this is where I got my info.

Missouri has excellent death notices from 1910 to the early 60's but is hit or miss on anything earlier.

Thanks for the interesting information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Hooper 17 Jun 2012 4:13PM GMT 
barbdale_1 17 Jun 2012 11:55PM GMT 
James Hooper 21 Jun 2012 8:07PM GMT 
barbdale_1 18 Jun 2012 12:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic