Search for content in message boards

Researching Henkenius, Schrad, Jochum, and Osterhaus families

Replies: 1

Re: Researching Henkenius, Schrad, Jochum, and Osterhaus families

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 8:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Candyce,
I am a decendant of (Mary) Elisabeth Schrad of Carroll IA. I am almost certain we are related since I have seen the names you mentioned in my research. I believe there were a number of the Schrad family who moved to Nebraska after living in the New Vienna, Dubuque, Dyersville area of Iowa. I'm not sure if they spent any time in the Carroll area first. I think your Jochum connection was made in that part of eastern Iowa. My grandfather's name was Bernard Schroer, and his parents (Rudolph Schroer and Katherine Leiting) moved to the Carroll area from Lyons Iowa (Clinton now) after spending a few years in western Illinois. You probably have encountered the Schroer name in your research too. I know there were a number of Schroer family members who also moved to Nebraska. One of my great grandfather's sisters, Margaret, married a Henkenius, and they ended up in Missouri.

I will contact you at your home e-mail address with more information. I would love to share what I have with you. I just started working on my family history about a year ago and accumulated some information. I have very few pictures of the family beyond my grandmother's immediate family - her parents and sibilings when she was about 19. it would be great to see what you have. I live in central Iouwa and plan to travel to Carroll and eastern Iowa this summer to do more research.

It's so nice to make this connection with my grandmothers side of the family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chwg5537 19 Jul 2011 8:35PM GMT 
jsboot1949 10 Apr 2012 2:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions