Search for content in message boards

Nebraska Historical Society

Replies: 0

Nebraska Historical Society

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have access to the materials at the Nebraska Historical Society? Thay have a collection of records of Fort Sidney. Series one of the collection is the Post Returns (identified as Roll#2, NARS MC617 (1965) AR#1172, Post Returns, January 1882 thru June 1894) and Series Two consists of two Post Medical Record volumes (Roll #1, NARS (1975) MF3158 Donated, Post Medical History, v. 109, August 1875-September 1892). MY ancestor, Francis M. Durvin, was born in VA but enlisted for five years in Company C of the 21st Infantry at Fort Sidney, Nebraska in Dec. 1884. He died in Dec. 1889 a few days short of the end of his enlistment. I ordered his military service record from NARA, but it only had his enlistment papers and a copy of the log book of enlistmensts for 1884, which indicated that he died of peritonitis. I would like to obtain more information on his service and the circumstances of his death. I would appreciate it if anyone could check the records mentioned above to see if there is any more information on my ancestor. Thank you in advance, Bill Durvin.
-

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions