Search for content in message boards

Charles & Jeanie Roberts Ingalls family

Replies: 5

Re: William B. Ingalls (m.) Katherine Stahl of Niagara Falls & Lockport NY

Posted: 7 Jul 2012 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stahl, Ingalls
Here is a portion of an email sent to me by Charles Stahl Ingalls III:

I am Charles Stahl Ingalls, III. My father was Charles Jr., son of Charles and Jane Anne Roberts Ingalls. Charles (my grandfather) was the son of Katherine Stahl Ingalls and Wm. B. Ingalls. I draw your attention to that (Wm. B. Ingalls), as Katherine did was not married to a Charles Ingalls. I have a letter, written by Wm. B. Ingalls, (my great-grandfather) dated, as is the envelope, July 27, 1858 and post marked, Niagara Falls , N.Y. I will forward the contents of that letter, if you are interested. The letter, addressed to Wm. Stahl Esq., asks for the hand of Wm. Stahl’s “amiable daughter Katherine”, in “the holy bonds of matrimony”. This is without doubt one of the most beautiful letters I have ever seen, and I am honored to have it. Moving on, my assumption is that they (Wm. B. Ingalls – not Charles, and Katherine) were married in either Lockport or Niagara Falls , N. Y. shortly after the letter was written and they had several children, one of which they named Charles Stahl Ingalls. That Charles, then, was my grandfather.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Paul Reese 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
JAY1025 15 Jun 2009 5:08AM GMT 
cswan17 8 Jul 2012 3:52AM GMT 
codylucynik12... 13 Dec 2012 1:10PM GMT 
JAY1025 13 Apr 2013 9:48PM GMT 
JAY1025 13 Apr 2013 9:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic