Search for content in message boards

Nels Christian Holmes, Skanderborg Co. Denmark>NE USA

Replies: 1

Nels Christian Holmes, Skanderborg Co. Denmark>NE USA

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 6:28AM GMT
Surnames: Holmes, Holmé, Holm, Fredrikson, Rolfs, Pickard
My great grandfather was Nels Christian Holmes, who came to Omaha, Nebraska, from Horsens Parish, Skanderborg County, Denmark. He worked at a dairy in Omaha. We were told that his name was Holmé, and that he changed the spelling to Holmes when he worked at the dairy. Recently we have found papers that have the name spelled Holm.

I am looking for descendants of my great grandfather's brother, Soren Holmes. I have a picture of him and his family, but I don't know what happened to them.

This is information about Nels and Soren's parents and siblings.

Descendants of Christian Holm

1 Christian Holm b: Unknown Horsens Parish, Skanderborg County, Denmark d: Deceased
.. +Elizabeth Margaret b: Unknown m: Unknown d: Deceased
..... 2 Nels Christian Holmes b: October 1, 1850 Denmark d: October 1, 1936
......... +Ingeborg Fredrikson b: March 9, 1866 Oslo, Akershus, Norway m: October 4, 1888 Omaha, Nebraska d: March 28, 1933 San Acacia, Colorado
..... 2 Anna Holmes b: Unknown d: Deceased
..... 2 Envole Holmes b: Unknown d: Deceased
..... 2 Soren Holmes b: Unknown d: Deceased
..... 2 Christian Holmes b: Unknown d: Deceased Unknown

The only thing that I have on Soren Holmes' family is the names of 4 of his children: Elizabeth Holmes, Esther Holmes, Tom Holmes, and Oda Holmes. If you have any information about them, please contact me.

Cindy Pickard
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CJP92 4 Aug 2002 1:46AM GMT 
EdithLindeman... 2 Jan 2013 8:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions