Search for content in message boards

wanted Douglas County: Timperley burials

Replies: 5

Re: wanted Douglas County: Timperley burials

Posted: 28 May 2014 9:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 May 2014 9:44PM GMT
Hello, I'm not sure if you are still looking for this, but there were a few Timperleys in Bennington, Ne. I believe you might have some luck at Flower Hill Cemetery - 144th St. between Fort and Ida Streets Omaha. Bennington is practically on the border of Douglas & Washington Counties. Looking at a 1912 plat map I see a J. P Timperley and an R. Timperley as land owners just north of the town of Bennington (just east of present day 156th St, and south of Dutch Hall Rd - which is the county line). With this said, you might want to look at the "old" German Cemetery in Washington county - travel north on 156th St to Dutch Hall Road (it's a T intersection) turn east. Immediately after this turn, you'll see a road heading north, don't take that one, take the next one (county road 33). Turn north here. The Cemetery is up the road about 1.5 miles. (sorry if that sounds like a goose chase, trust me, it isn't). There's 1 more old cemetery in the area, Praire View. The easiest way to get there? Head straight north out of Elkhorn Ne, on hwy 31. Drive 9 miles (or county road 38) turn east, It's about .5 miles down the road. These two cemeteries are almost straight east/west from each other about 6 miles apart **Google Map can show you a good route**. I have family in all 3 of these cemeteries, and according to different census, My ancestors, and these Timperleys were next door neighbors (or pretty close to it). Good Luck!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lauriej40 11 Aug 2006 6:15PM GMT 
lauriej40 11 Aug 2006 8:43PM GMT 
Nancy Mancuso 12 Aug 2006 3:59AM GMT 
evonnem0536 12 Aug 2006 7:12PM GMT 
Nancy Mancuso 15 Aug 2006 4:24AM GMT 
matt_n_peters... 29 May 2014 3:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic