Search for content in message boards

Malinda Thomas First Marriage to Kimball

Replies: 1

Re: Malinda Thomas First Marriage to Kimball

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Malinda Jane Thomas' first husband was George Washington Kimball, born about 1849. The were married in January 1887 in Keya Paha County, Nebraska, per the records of http://keyapahamarriages.wordpress.com/n-z/ -- hopefully you can access this. Unfortunately that's all I know about George Washington Kimball.

Arley "Arthur" Kimball was married to my distant cousin Lennia Shafer Kimball (she is the daughter of Thomas I. Shafer, who is the older brother of my great-grandfather, Josephus Shafer.) They lived in Omaha. Arley worked at the Omaha Theater as a stage hand, projectionist and in other capacities. Arley was born 14 Feb 1890 in Iowa. He died 01 Jun 1967 in Omaha. After Lennia died in August of 1966, Arley asked his cousin Pearl Thomas to come and stay with him in his house and care for him. Pearl did this and was with him until he died. Pearl then stayed in the house until her own death in 1977.

Cleveland David Kimball was a policeman in Omaha, and later a detective. He was born 18 Jan 1888, and he died 25 June 1958 in Nebraska. He was married to Margaret M. McNeill (1888- Nov 1952).

Malinda Jane Thomas Kimball Burr died in December 1948 in Omaha. I have not confirmed this myself, but I believe she is buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery.

Do you know anything more about Arley Kimball that you can share with me? Or his wife Lennia Shafer Kimball? How are you related to Arley and Cleveland? Do you by chance have any photos of any of the above folks that you can share?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
carrollkimbal... 21 Oct 2012 11:37PM GMT 
42cats 19 Feb 2013 6:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions