Search for content in message boards

Joseph J. Dorwald

Replies: 0

Joseph J. Dorwald

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 8:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Feb 2013 11:43AM GMT
Surnames: DORWALD DORWARD THOMSEN THOMPSEN
My aunt has asked me to solve a mystery. There are 8 burials in her father-in-law's family plot in in Springwell Danish Cemetery in Omaha. We know who all are and how they are related to the plot's owner, Andrew Ivan THOMSEN/THOMPSEN, except for one person, Joseph J. DORWALD (in the cemetery recordes) or DORWARD (in his obit, city directory and census records). Joseph died Oct 23, 1934 at age 46, thus was born around 1888. He was not buried in the THOMSEN plot until 1946, which adds to the mystery. The cemetery cannot tell us who paid for his burial.

Joseph had a wife, Laurie, children Woodrow, Phil, Fred and Lorraine, and a sister, Mrs. S.C. Nichols of Los Angeles.

I checked ancestry.com, which turned up NO records on this man. GenealogyBank had some Omaha World Herald articles regarding men's tennis tournaments in the 1920s which mention Joseph, but I cannot locate an obit through this site. FamilySearch.org led me to a record on EllisIsland.com for a Joseph DORWAL who was Russian/Polish, born in 1888, and came to America on the Baltic in 1909. The THOMSENs were all pure-blooded Danes, and I know of no connections to Russia or Poland. FamilySearch turned up nothing else.

Please let me know if you can tell me more about him.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions