Search for content in message boards

Omaha, Nebraska Newspaper, Norton 50th Anniversary Look Up

Replies: 2

Omaha, Nebraska Newspaper, Norton 50th Anniversary Look Up

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 8:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NORTON,NEWMAN,NEUMANN
I was told by a Norton cousin, that our Grandparents Charles H. and Martha (Myrtle) E Norton celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary (1953 or 1954) and it was posted in a Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska newspaper; as Omaha was there residence back in 1954.

I found a marriage license for the Nortons dated in 1904, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, however, the document was all filled accept for the marriage information. I believe the month was December. My Norton cousin thought that they were married in 1903. We were surprise that they were not married in Beatrice, Nebraska.

Our grandfather Charles Henry Norton, was born June 26, 1876, in Knox County, Illinois, outside of Galesburg....to James and Margaret Norton. And our grandmother Martha (Myrtle) was born March 14, 1885, in Beatrice, Gage County, Nebraska.....to August and Justine Newman (Neumann)

We would appreciate a newspaper look up to solve the mystery of when and where our Norton grandparents were married. The only newspaper that we remember is the Omaha World Herald. We do not know of any other names of newspapers in Omaha.

Thank you,

The Norton Cousins
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MaryBoudreau5... 15 Feb 2013 3:40PM GMT 
Zelekis 15 Feb 2013 6:17PM GMT 
DiannHarrison 15 Feb 2013 7:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions