Hoping for information on three generations, probably buried in Aurora Cemetery:
1) Wilhelmine Thompson, b 7 Jan 1822, died in Aurora after the 1900 census, then with her daughter Caroline, and son-in-law Nels Peterson.
Wilhelmines husband was Hans Thompson, b abt 1811, in Norway. 1850-1860 in Ottawa 1870-1880 and Adams, both La Salle county, Illinois. They also had a daughter Julie/Julianna.
I do not have info that Hans or Julie lived in Aurora.
Home in 1870: Adams, La Salle, Illinois
Hans Thompson 58
Wilhelmina Thompson 40
Andrew Thompson 20
Carrie Thompson 15
Julia Thompson 13
John Johnson 21
2) Caroline C Thompson Peterson,b Jul 1854, probably in Ottawa, LaSalle, Illinois, Clara in 1930. wife of
3) Nels Peterson, b Mar 1852 in Adams, La Salle, Ill, the son of Halvor Petersen (Vaagsland) and Torborg Ellefsdatter from Drangedal in Norway. In 1930 the live in Aurora, on what seems to be No 909, Sixteenth Street.
4) Alba C Peterson Olson, b Apr 1877, wife of Lawrence Olson, 1874. They had Howard, Ralph D and Merle Eldon Olson.
5) Stella H Peterson Smith, b Oct 1878 in Adams La Salle, Ill, wife of John Howard Smith, b 25 Nov 1876. They had Grace and Ruth. In 1930; Beaver, Hamilton, Nebraska.
6) Gertrude L Peterson Zehr, b Aug 1880, Ill, wife of Joel E Zehr, he died Jan 1963. They had Alice (Bowman) Clair Eugene Zehr, Faye (Wagoner) and Paul Zehr.
Other children may not be buried in Aurora Cemetery:
Nellie C Peterson, Jun 1891, Mrs William Fred Stewart. Had Lois (Cogil)and Max R Stewart. Moved to Grand Island, Hall, Nebraska.
Harvey M Peterson , Aug 1882, Ill
George N Peterson, Jul 1886, Ill
Eva and or Vera, born Dec 1893, probably in Aurora.
Wilhelmine Sundene, on Ancestry the record is
N??? Sursden, Arrival Date:4 Sep 1845 on the Aolus, with her parents Gunvald Gunstensen Sundene and Anne Lene Jensen, and a sister Sarah, b 12 Oct 1826. All from Sannidal, Telemark Norway. Hans Thompson is of unknown origin.
Sannidal had separate churchbooks and parish, now combined with Kragerø, Telemark.
Wilhelmines entire family emigrated, her sister Marthe Marie Gunstensdatter, b 10 Nov 1811, came in 1854, according to Sannidal churchbooks, exited from the parish. Unknown ship, no records of her in the US. Widow of Jacob Thorbjørnsen when she left. Their only son Simon Andreas Jacobsen ( Jacobsen/Thorbjornsen turned to Thompson), b 22 Dec 1839 in Sannidal, Telemark, Norway called Thompson married Louise Seymore, and lived in Saint Louis, Missouri 1880-1900.
Jens Gunvaldsen Sundene, b 4 Oct 1816 in Sannidal, Telemark, Norway, was married 24 Mar 1843 in Sannidal to Gunvor Jacobsen b 6 nov 1821. They had no children when they left Sannidal.No known records, may have been James and Julie, any guess is good.
Name: Jens Ganvaldsen Arrival Date: 9 Jul 1844
Port of Departure: Porsgrunn, Norway
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: George Washington
On Ancestry, this is the record for the father, Gunvald Gunstensen Sundene.
Name: G??? Sursden
Arrival Date: 4 Sep 1845
Port of Arrival: New York
Port of Departure: Krageroe, Norway
Place of Origin: Norway
Please share your knowledge on findagrave.com. No charge. It makes us all very happy