Search for content in message boards

Townsends in Orleans Cemetery

Replies: 0

Townsends in Orleans Cemetery

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 3:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Townsend
I am looking for information about Orleans Cemetery, or an address, phone number or email where I can reach them. My great grandfather bought three plots there and buried at least one son. My great grandfather was Benjamin Franklin Townsend, his son was Alfred Louis Townsend who was buried in 1906.

Orleans Courier, February 9, 1906, pg 4, col 3
Townsend
The second to answer the summons was Alfred Townsend. This person was a stranger having been in town but about a week. He was taken with pneumonia and having a weak heart death ensued. His father reached here from Madison, Kansas, Saturday. He was buried in the Orleans cemetery Sunday afternoon. He was a man 30 years old, of not a very strong mind and of a roving disposition. Everything that could be done for him was done but to no avail.

Alfred died February 2, 1906 possibly in the county Jail. I would love to find the county records on that, mugshot, and/or a description of the crime. It would have to have been the last week of January, if he was only in town a week.

But I am really looking for when Benjamin Townsend bought the three plots, if he bought one and then the other two later or if he bought them all at the same time. Alfred had a brother named Arthur that we still don't know the whereabouts of. I wonder if he is in one of the other two plots.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions