Search for content in message boards

Edward Schreiber

Replies: 1

Re: Edward Schreiber

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 11:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2014 3:11PM GMT
Hi, I have been working on my husband's family tree for over a year now and came upon your message post a few months ago and added it to my tree. My husband is the great grandson of Charles Schreiber 1861-1908. I have been searching to find out who the rest of Charles's siblings were. I know his parents were Charles and Austenia Schreiber and they had six children, five boys and one girl according to the Fairbury, Nebraska 1900 census. I know through the Fairbury cemetery records that Charles, his wife Lottie and brother Edward are all buried in the same plot. I now know more about Edward thanks to the article you posted. I do know they name of one of the other brothers, Daniel who was still living with his parents on the 1900 census and married to Josephine and had two daughters up until the 1940 census. I still don't know the name of their remaining siblings (2 boys and 1 girl) who would have been born between 1861 and 1878 in Germany and or Nebraska. Austenia (Christine), the mother, must have died between 1900 and 1910 because on the Nebraska 1910 census Charles Sr (1830) was listed as a widow and living with his daughter-in-law Lottie, who was a widow od Charles Schreiber, who died in 1908. I cannot find any cemetery records on the Screiber parents or any of the other siblings and spouses. I have many pictures of the Schreiber family we inherited from my mother-in-law. We have no living relatives who can answer our questions. I even inquired the Fairbury geneology deprtment and recieved an email that there was no city records on the Screibers that I don't already have. I do know that they immigrated to the United States in 1967 but cannot find any censuses other that the 1900 and 1910. I wonder if they settled in another state before settling in Nebraska. I do know that Charles and Edward came with their parents as very young children and that Daniel was born in Nebraska in 1878. I know they are railroad workers who may have moved around a lot and that could be why I am having such a difficult time. I have nothing on any of their siblings and would very much like to learn more so I can eventually complete the maternal side of my husbands tree. I see that your post was over fourteen years ago. I am new to ancestry.com and have no idea if you are still a member. Please contact me if you can give me any information. I will be happy to share with you what I have learned as well. Thanks Mary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brenda Busing, Jefferson Co. Coordinator 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Mary Ruiz 3 Jan 2013 6:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions