Search for content in message boards

1790s Borland Bible, J. Rowe, J. Muma Connection?

Replies: 1

1790s Borland Bible, J. Rowe, J. Muma Connection?

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Borland, Rowe, Muma
Help? Someone out there is my long lost relative. I have news of the family to share and it seems you do too.

(Quote)
Entries: Updated: Contact: Unknown
# ID: I1019
# Name: William BORLAND
# Sex: M
# Birth: 1769 in Vermont, USA
# Death: 1824 in Bowmanville, Darlington, Ontario, Canada
# Note:

According to papers found with the Borland Bible (custody Jean Rowe/ Jennifer Muma} William Borland came from the north of Ireland by sailboat in 1785 to Vermont. As UEL [?] they came to Kingston and thence by rowboat witth all their worldly possessions to Bowmanville [not yet in existence at this date] They owned 500 acres .
(End quote, though there is more to read)

WOW, whoever put that up, thank you a TON. Through diligence I have found most of the sons' birth and death dates. Digging through them is what verified for me that this was the same William. The wonderful quote out of the bible papers is not only a golden gift, but an eye opener.

Time to start searching North Ireland?

Please, Jean Rowe or Jennifer Muma or whatever Borland has the family bible, contact me? My branch of the Borlands ended up in Eastern Iowa. Lets compare notes, since we are family.

-- Drea, Daughter of Terry, Daughter of Hollis, Son of Lonson, Son of John H, Son of John, Son of William Borland... ::grins:: who knows where the story will end?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TerryBorlandG... 28 Nov 2007 5:51AM GMT 
bfhodgkingmai... 26 Jul 2012 4:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic