Search for content in message boards

city directory look up please Fullerton (Newman)

Replies: 3

Re: city directory look up please Fullerton (Newman)

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 10:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
I went to your wedding many years ago. That being said your mother knows well where this farm is as we have been there many times but alas it is but a corn field now. All those buildings are gone.
My son's and I have found that our grandfather (great grandfather) came to this country via a german ship named RHAETIA from Hamberg, Germany. They left on 15 July 1883 & stopped in France and then on to USA arriving in 1884. He was listed under the name of a man who it is presumed he worked for by the name of Hebda. Aunt Minnie told me once that Agy Cedar, Jacob Leo's mother was later married to a Hebda.????? Anyway there is a picture of this ship and I can not imagine what it would have been like for someone to live on it for 6 months or more, esp. being a boy of 16.My son tells me that he has found the graves of Agy (Agnes and her husband Hebda) in a Columbus, Ne cemetary.
I have also found a person by the name of Lon Cedar listed under Francis Dean Cedar in Aneheime, Ca. Do not know who this is and some where a long the way, I can not find him any more or can I find Lorilee who was Francis Dean's wife.
Do you know anything about this? I would be interested in knowing.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MMcDMue 8 Mar 2011 6:29PM GMT 
Lois_Severson 2 Sep 2012 9:57PM GMT 
MMcDMue 4 Sep 2012 4:19PM GMT 
Lois_Severson 4 Sep 2012 4:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions