Search for content in message boards

Orphans Home of Phelps County Nebraska

Replies: 5

Orphans Home of Phelps County Nebraska

Posted: 24 Dec 2009 9:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Larson
My great grandmother Hulda Larson and her brothers Otto and Robert were the first 3 children in the Orphans Home per my grandmother and mother. I have a picture of the float in the Parade at Holdrege, Nebraska October 1933 Festival representing the Orphans Home of Phelps County. It has 3 children 1 girl and 2 boys. They represent my great grandmother and her brothers. Their mother died during or shortly after giving birth to their sister Carrie. Carrie was adopted by the Rev or Dr. that started the home. Their father Gustav remained on his farm with his older sons Walford and August. He remarried but the woman did not want the younger children because they could not work the farm.
If you have the records of the start of the home I would very much like to have the information. I know that Gustav, Mary and their children Walford, August and Hulda came over from Sweden. The other children Robert, Otto and Carrie were born in Nebraska.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JanetDeibler 24 Dec 2009 4:53PM GMT 
Sandra7354 27 Dec 2009 10:15PM GMT 
Sandra7354 20 Feb 2011 5:03PM GMT 
JanetDeibler 7 Mar 2011 3:34PM GMT 
Sandra7354 8 Mar 2011 5:01AM GMT 
Martha Miller 5 Jan 2014 1:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions