Search for content in message boards

Kuehn, Dallman, Lister Families in Nebraska

Replies: 1

Re: Kuehn, Dallman, Lister Families in Nebraska

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 7:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I did some volunteer lookups in 2006 for KUEHN, DALLMANN, will forward you those emails. Here's the first one:

Hi Kathy,
I want to thank you for all the work you have done. The people you have listed are all of their children. William is my grandfather. I knew finding them would be hard because they could be anywhere. My father was not only related to the Kuehn's and Dallmann's of Gretna but also the Rohwer's and Grabow's. They attended the Lutheran Church in Gretna and I found Augusta's death record but it doesn't tell where she had been buried.
The Church had a lot of the above names listed there. Still I can't find anything on Herman Kuehn.

Again, thank you for all your hard work.
Sherri

----- Original Message -----
To: North Main Gifts
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 3:46 PM
Subject: KUEHN, Herman & Augusta

Sherri,

No luck on burial location for Herman & Augusta Kuehn. I searched on microfilm of Gretna Breeze newspaper and Papillion Times newspaper for Frank Kuehn and Gustave and Mae Kuehn, which had mm/dd/yy on headstones and found no obits.

Searching for Herman & Augusta (Dahlmann/Dallman) Kuehn/Kuhn, Forest City:
1900 Census, Forest City, Sarpy county, NE Herman & Augusta Kuhn and 6 living children, Frank, Augusta, Otto Carl, Hulda, Gustav R., William Ernest, b. 1884-1894

Source: "Sarpy County Cemeteries, Vol I-III", compiled by Gary Iske, Sarpy County Historical Museum, copyright 2002. Each page of data collected is dated 31 December 1995.
Vol II, page 88, LaBorde Cemetery
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nesarpy/laborde.html
Location Name Birth Death Notes
13 n01 Kuehn, Frank 28 Jan 1884 19 Jul 1903 s/o H & A (Herman & Augusta
(*Dallmann)) Gretna Breeze, Papillion Times, no obit
13 n04 Koch, Augusta (*Kuehn) 1886 1952 Mother
13 n05 Koch, Claus 1872 1941 Father
Page 89
25 s05 Kuehn, Mary F (*Lister) 1884 19..u (ud/age unk) x
25 s06 Kuehn, Fred W 1884 1952
26 s05 Kuehn, Mae E 30 May 1901 7 Jul 1975; Gretna Breeze, Papillion Times, no obit
26 s06 Kuehn, Gustave 3 Jul 1891 16 Mar 1954; Gretna Breeze, Papillion Times, no obit

Source: "Nebraska, Douglas County Cemeteries", A recording of all rural Douglas County, Nebraska cemeteries, Greater Omaha Genealogical Society, 1981.
Mt. Auburn Cemetery, p. 98
Kuehn, Elizabeth 1895 - ( )
Kuehn, Otto 1889 - 1957

At 06:57 PM 1/13/2006, you wrote:

Yes, one of their sons is buried in the Laborde Cemetary in Gretna. His name was Frank or Fred Kuhn. Actually, Fred and Frank were twins. I just can't seem to keep the two of them straight. Herman and Augusta Kuehn / Kuhn lived in the Forest City Precinct. I have not been able to find either of their graves. Augusta's maiden name was Dallmann/ Dahlmann and there are
some Dallmanns buried in the Laborde Cemetary as well. Again, thanks for
any help you can give me.

Sherri

----- Original Message -----
To: North Main Gifts
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: Sarpy County Lookup Request Sherri, I searched on "Sarpy County Cemeteries, Vol I-II and did not find either Augusta or Herman Kuehn (no Kuhns). Do you know where Augusta or any of their children are buried?
At 02:25 PM 1/13/2006, you wrote:
Hi Kathy,
I have been trying to find information on my great grandfather Herman Kuhn/Kuehn. He was born about 1858 in germany and lived in Gretna Nebraska after immigrating with his family from Germany in 1891. His wife Augusta
(Dallmann) Kuehn died in 1929 and he was still living. I lose track of him
after that so it makes it very hard to get a death certificate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Sherri

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Darlene Gardn... 17 Mar 2012 4:47PM GMT 
KMonical3096 20 Mar 2012 1:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic