Search for content in message boards

obituaries, marriage announcements, miscellaneous articles

Replies: 45

Re: obituaries, marriage announcements, miscellaneous articles

Posted: 25 May 2012 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Tracey, I think the person you may looking for is Roy Samuel Welch, who was married to Emma Rachel Carpenter, my great-grandmother. According to the information I have, they were married June 7, 1928. His birthdate is November 6, 1881, and he died December 18, 1946. Roy was Emma's second or third husband, I think the latter. My great-grandfather, John Martin Duffy, was her first husband. According to my records, Emma's siblings were: James G Carpenter, Etta Carpenter, Mary Etta Carpenter (may be same person as Etta--not sure), and Eula Carpenter. Emma's father's name I believe was Friend Carpenter (b. abt 1849 in Illinois, d. 1932 in Hershey, NE) who was married to Harriett "Hattie" Ford. Because Roy is not a direct descendent, I have not collected any other information about him, but I do have more information about Emma and her family with John Duffy. She had no children with Roy Welch or another husband (I think 2nd), Frank Marion Miers (my great-uncle), who strangely enough, was the older brother of her son-in-law (my grandfather) Leonard Miers. Let me know how to contact you if you want other information. Linda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RogerG77 30 Dec 2009 5:12AM GMT 
TrishGC 4 Jan 2010 10:47PM GMT 
dz9gthreds 23 May 2011 8:19AM GMT 
dtdrube 24 May 2012 10:27PM GMT 
miersl1 25 May 2012 8:56AM GMT 
azpohlman 23 Jun 2013 6:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions