Search for content in message boards

St. Wenceslaus Catholic Cemetery obits

Replies: 1

St. Wenceslaus Catholic Cemetery obits

Scott Musil (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2005 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am working on putting together a book on the St. Wenceslaus Catholic Cemetery in Geranium Township of Valley County. So far, I have photographed all tombstones, had the Czech inscriptions translated, and am now working on collecting obituaries of all that are buried there. This is slow going, especially since I only have a year for many of the people buried there, not a date. There are also a number of unmarked burials there. I've found obits for 3 of them so far, but know there are more. If you have a family member that is buried in this cemetery, I'd love to hear from you. You don't have to copy the obit if you don't want to - you can just type it up and send it, too. The way I've been typing is typing it just as it appears in the obit - no spelling or grammar corrections. I'd also like the name of newspaper and date if possible. The newspaper name is more important - I can look up the date later. Your help is greatly appreciated in this project!!!
I grew up in Ord and attended St. Wenceslaus until it closed in 1993. The church was established in 1882, with the first burial in the summer of 1881. The cemetery is still being used. If your ancestor is buried there, you also might check (or ask me to) the condition of the tombstone. Many tombstones are falling over or have already fallen over and need repair. With the church no longer in existance, its up to the families to have this done. I'd really love to see this cemetery in tip top shape again!

Scott Musil
Central City, Nebraska
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Scott Musil 9 Aug 2005 4:23PM GMT 
DeborahJGeorg... 14 Sep 2012 10:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic