Board posts: This board is NOT a dumping ground for DUPLICATE posts and advertising. All such posts will be deleted by Board Admin or staff.
BEFORE you post, PLEASE use the Rootsweb TOWN SEARCH to see what county the town is located that your ancestor lived in, and then go to that COUNTY board and post your query there. http://resources.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/townco.cgi
1. MUST mention NEBRASKA in the message and be unknown where the ancestor lived.
2. Anyone seeking friends, family [living] must post to the LOST FAMILY & FRIENDS message board. - Any such messages posted on the NEBRASKA Unknown board will be moved or deleted.http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.lost-family-and-friends/mb...
Anyone seeking adoption information on adoptees, birth families, birth parents, etc. must post to the ADOPTION boards http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.adoption/mb.ashx
3. This board is NOT a place to post a long stream of surnames searching all of NEBRASKA. Either use census records to pinpoint your individual surnames and post to the surname boards or the specific county if known.
4. SUBJECT line should have the name of the ancestor and also be MENTIONED in the actual message, otherwise it will be deleted or moved to the appropriate board.
5. If you are seeking information on a specific ETHNIC family, such as GERMAN, CZECH, SWEDISH or IRISH, please use the boards for those categories.http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ethnic/mb.ashx
6. Be sure to also visit the NEGenWeb Project county and state websites and search for possible information there. Most county sites have a list of resources and lookups available. http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/state/
7. ANY and all CEMETERY, burial or obituary queries must be directed to the specific boards for these categories.http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.cemetery/mb.ashxhttp://boards.ancestry.com/topics.researchresources.lookups....http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.obits2/mb.ashx