Search for content in message boards

Edward MILTON, Daniel & Dorcas WIGSTEAD, Austin Twp.

Replies: 2

Re: Edward MILTON, Daniel & Dorcas WIGSTEAD, Austin Twp.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 10:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello again! This is Christie. Edward died on March 26, 1906 in Fortuna, Humboldt County, Ca. and is buried in the Sunrise Cemetery in Fortuna.

I do not know exactly when Daniel Wigstead died but it appears to have been between 1910 and 1920. The family was listed under "Wigstad" in the 1910 Hazen, Churchill County, Nevada census and included an adopted son, Lesley R. Dorcas is listed as "Dorothy" in the 1920 Divide Mining, Esmeralda County, Nevada where she was a boarding house keeper. Lesley was with her also. She is listed in the 1920 Albany, Oakland Township, Alameda County census as Dora, along with Lesley and his wife Lucille. She then hopped on down to Kern County, Ca. where her sister Grace was residing and is found in the 1938 Bakersfield City Directory and the 1948 Oildale Directory.

Dorcas died on Mary 5, 1956 in Bakersfield (Kern County)Ca. where she is buried. She was living in Oildale at the time of her death. It is my understanding that she and Grace were quite the local militants and appeared regularly at town meetings to voice concerns over local issues (family lore via my mom).

I am still trying to track down information regarding Lesley and his family with some preliminary results.

Will send more later!

Christie
callison.myer@yahoo.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mchambe405 24 Jan 2011 4:31PM GMT 
mchambe405 24 Jan 2011 8:06PM GMT 
camyer 12 Mar 2012 4:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic