Search for content in message boards

Lookup Help Needed - Milton & Wigstead

Replies: 4

Re: Lookup Help Needed - Milton & Wigstead

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for finding the additional information on Daniel Wigstead! I'm not that familiar with Google Books, and hadn't thought to check there. I have quite a bit of information on his career, thanks to the archivist at the Methodist Church, but this is a nice additional source. You're correct, he was only in Austin NV for a couple of years - probably 1899-1901 - before moving on to Lovelock.

I've also checked the Lander County cemetaries that have been listed on-line and haven't found Edward Milton listed in any of them. I realize that doesn't mean he isn't there. The Lander County Recorder does not have a death certificate for him, but they told me their records are not complete for that period.

I've checked all the trees on Ancestry (yes, I'm a member) that mention Edward Milton, but none seem to show where and when he died. It's possible that he moved on to California to visit some of his other children, or moved on with the Wigsteads when they left town, but I haven't had any luck yet. There was no death notice in the Anoka MN papers that I've been able to find - the family wasn't prominent enough to warrent that, and most of the family (except my direct line) had moved out of the area by then.

I was in Las Vegas recently, and tried to search the local newspapers that the University has on microfilm while I was there. I had some luck with the Wigsteads, but ran out of time before I could find anything on Edward Milton. Unfortunately, UNLV does not loan their microfilms out on inter-library loan. I'm hoping to find another library that will do so, and then I can do my own searching. Frustratingly, the Reese River Reville is one of the few newspapers that has been digitized and is available on line - just not for the years I need it!

Oh well - I'll keep working on it!
Mary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mchambe405 25 Dec 2011 11:42PM GMT 
judyartley53 9 Jan 2012 4:21AM GMT 
mchambe405 9 Jan 2012 4:53AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 9 Jan 2012 9:31AM GMT 
mchambe405 9 Jan 2012 8:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions