Search for content in message boards

Edna Jane O'Hara b. 1900 California m. Ahern m. Borgeson

Replies: 2

Edna Jane O'Hara b. 1900 California m. Ahern m. Borgeson

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2012 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: O'Hara, Watson, Ahern, Borgeson
Edna Jane is a mystery. Raised in Grass Valley, California, married Charles Joseph Ahern in 1920, lived in Oakland, CA with him long enough to have two children. The first died, and after the birth of the second, a son, her husband disappeared. Before long Edna left too, apparently returning to Grass Valley but without her son. He was raised by Charles' parents and never saw his mother again. Around 1935 she married a man who seems always to have lived in Nevada, Frank Borgeson. In the 1940 Census they are living in the town of Lake, Pershing Co., NV. In 1942, they drowned in an auto accident that happened around Lovelock, Pershing County, Nevada.

According to a newspaper account of the accident, services were held in Lovelock.

We can find no marriage record for these two, no cemetery records nor death records. I'm researching this for Edna's 89 year old son, who has asked me to see if I can find records of her. (He asked Carson City for records, but none turned up.)

So if someone who has managed to get this far in my story can assist, we'd be very very grateful.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
P_Smethurst 31 May 2012 6:50PM GMT 
TIPEJR 20 Jun 2012 12:34AM GMT 
P_Smethurst 20 Jun 2012 12:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic