Search for content in message boards

Anson CUMMINGS & Mary H GOULD

Replies: 0

Anson CUMMINGS & Mary H GOULD

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2012 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: CUMMINGS, GOULD
Looking for any informtion related to Anson Cummings (born 1802) in New Hampshire. I believe his parents were (Capt.) Henry Cummings and Jane Merrill. Anson married a (Sibbel) Libbee Lucas in 1828 and as far as I have been able to ascertain had only one child who lived until adulthood, Henry A Cummings. I can track Henry (though not his birth) through the 1850 US Census and his family as they grew and relocated to Detroit, Wayne, Michigan; however Anson is another story in some respects.

He shows in the 1830, 1840 and 1850 US Censuses, with the latter showing him living in Rumney, Grafton, NH with Sybil (Sibbel Libbee Lucas), and Henry A Cummings.

In 1860 there are 2 Anson Cummings living in Rumney, Grafton, NH and Allenstown, Merrimack, NH respectively. The one in Rumney is still reporting the same birth year and occupation of cooper as in the 1850 census. The one in Allenstown shows a birth year of 1802 also, a birth in NH also, but states he is a laborer living with a Mrs. Mary H Gould and (presumably daughter, Lorane). Rumney and Allenstown are about 61 miles apart, but I was told that this was not a large distance when someone was looking for work.

In the 1870 census, Anson has been promoted from laborer to husband of Mrs. Mary H Gould. (they married in 1860). There is no sign of Lorane Gould, nor could I locate a possible father.

That is the last mention I can find of either Anson or his 2nd wife Mary H. I have searched Death Records upside down and inside out and can find no mention of either Anson or Mary's death (BTW, she was born in 1796 in NH).

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions