Search for content in message boards

Help! Simeon D. Johnson and Isaac Johnson

Replies: 0

Help! Simeon D. Johnson and Isaac Johnson

Posted: 7 Apr 2014 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I have hit a major dead-end with my 4th Great Grandfather, Simeon D. Johnson, of Epsom NH, Chittenden County, VT and Dickinson, NY. He was born around 1800 in New Hampshire, the son of parents also both born in New Hampshire according to later census records. He is found applying for a License to sell Liquor in 1824 in Epsom, Merrimack, NH. By the 1840s, he is living around Burlington (there are notices of his store in the newpapers and he married Polly George of Fletcher, Vermont) and by 1850 he is living in Lawrence, St. Lawrence, NY and later in Dickinson, Franklin, NY. He worked as a farmer and ran a store. He also had a brother, Isaac, born around 1799 in New Hampshire. Isaac married an Elvira and had one son, Frederick. Simeon and Polly had several children: two sons who died young, Silas M. and Silas W, and four daughters: Abigail, Mary Jane, Adeline and Emma Polly. If any one has anything they would be willing to share on this family, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,
Mike

Find a board about a specific topic