Search for content in message boards

Richard/Mary fitzgerald, arrival 1849/50 to Portsmouth, n.h. with 5 children

Replies: 1

Richard/Mary fitzgerald, arrival 1849/50 to Portsmouth, n.h. with 5 children

Posted: 11 May 2009 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: fitzgerald
I need help with several things. Richard & Mary were born in ireland and then went to England. In england they had 5 children Mary A., James, John, Joseph and Hannah. They are first listed on the census in 1850 with Mary a. being the oldest at 10 and hannah the youngest at 1. They had three more kids in portsmouth Richard Jr., Edward and William H. William died when 10 yrs old. I am assumming this family came in thru boston but cannot find a record. Is there an area of records for naturalization this old in Portsmouth? Two of the sons,(james & John) definitly entered into seaman jobs and at very early ages, 12 to 14 years old. These two remained seamen. A third(edward) may also have entered into a seaman career, are there any records in portsmouth that record this type of thing for the years around 1860? I need help with the marriages, if any, for the two girls Mary A. & hannah. I know that james, john and hannah made it to middle age. Richard, joseph, mary and edward are proving hard to locate. All the children appear to have gone to work around the age of 12 or so. I would appreciate any help with this if you know who I can write to or if you are able to look up for me
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mdthbred 11 May 2009 4:21PM GMT 
karnamoran7 13 Jun 2013 11:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions